The scent from the open bag makes promises that are kept. As everyone here says, its definitely a whim smoke (not your regular) and for the latkia fans. A lot. The note is brighter and more lively than others,which serves to create it's own bold, lusty personality. I can definitely enjoy a full english here and there. You either love Latakia or you seldom partake in it. In summary, this seems to be a Penzance lite. If you dont find any pure Latakia in the market you can easily buy this one and make your own mixtures. Pirate Kake is more than just an English blend, it seems to be predominantly Latakia. I'm an experimenter, though, so I try all styles. Flavoring? It's surprisingly sweet and well balanced for such a wallop of latakia. I mix it three parts Dunhill Early Morning Pipe to one part Pirate Kake. To start let me say that pirate kake is the first tobacco that has ever made my hands look like that of a mechanic. The flavor is smooth and fulfilling. Smokes cool, slow, and extremely flavorful from char to dottle. Mailing Address: 550 Highway 9 East, Longs, SC 29568 Telephone: Local/International: (843) 281-9304 Toll Free: (888) 366-0345. I will keep the 2 lbs. (I dont pickup room note myself when I smoke but my wife said it smelled like hind end FWIW). This blend always takes me to the fall season in Michigan, no matter what time of year. I am thrilled to find a blend where I can enjoy the flavor and spice of the Turkish without it being overpowering. The room note is as expected, full Latakia. because it isn?t straight Latakia, but it?s pretty darned close. I like to pack it a bit more moist than usual as I find that releases more of the flavor. If you want to try something interesting (and I'm sure that you do) then mix this about half and half with Captain Black White. Thank You C.and D. For making the best smoke I have ever had thus far!! Description. If you're looking for a better Latikia Bomb, check out Captain Earl's Stimulus Package or his Ten Russians. Detailed segmentation of international and local products. All in all I would rate this a 3.75. It seems to mellow the Latakia a bit, taking the edge off slightly and making it a little creamier. Open the tin and a waft of campfire smoke will invade your nostrils. Slightly sweet, smokey, a bit of complexity from the orientals, very little bite. Presentation: A hearty, dark dense block. Sipping at this one, it didn't get too overbearing in its intensity of flavor. I love the kake format, and will buy more. There is no bite to this blend no matter if you are puffing lightly or chugging like a freight train. A little would go a long way. It?s one-dimensional, but you don?t smoke Pirate Kake for complexity, you smoke it for a major infusion of Latakia. First is a plum and woodsy taste, different than I thought this blend isn't aggressive, your smoke is creamy and fill your mouth. On the other hand if you like heavy Latakia blends then this may be for you. Maybe not an all day smoke but a great choice if youre searching for a characterful, spicy but not too strong mixture. Burns very cool & doesn't require many, if any, relights. If you like well done, heavy Latakia blends, Pirate Kake fits the bill to a T. Pirate Kake starts very spicy with pine smoke and leather flavors and supports only a minimum of sweetness. I don't think I will be buying another tin, but it was a good experience. Mix in a little cavendish burley, add a touch of the Turk,and press this in a 70,000 ton vise and you have PIRATE KAKE! Also a great retirement smoke, after spending a day in the upland woods chasing the king of game birds, the ruffed grouse. A real treasure, imho, and a must-try for those who appreciate latakia-heavy blends. I really enjoy PK. I am not sure how I heard about Cornell & Diehl but I do remember that at the time they only sold in pound bulk. Highly recommended if you like coffee with your pipes. Pam) at Cornell & Diehl gave me several free samples of this luscious pressed latakia blend. Breaking off a chunk and rubbing it out with your fingers isn't difficult at all, but you might want to wash your hands afterwards. Strong Latakia presence with Orientals for a rich, silky, cool smoke. Well, I have to admit, Latakia and Turkish tobaccos smell, well, yeah maybe like the musky lather of a salted slave. bulk of this blend, along with 4 oz. Adding to cart The item has been added. ?wait that is My Cousin Vinny not a review, my apologies. A very cool, smooth, and pleasant smoke if you love Latakia. After smoking this I have since went back to an easier smoking blend an d I felt cheapened by the lighter smoke. tastes like salty burnt brownies, generous latakia, very robust and flavorful, a tad too spicy though and noticeable tongue bite, breaks up very easy still I like it stays lit rite out of the tin little strong for me Is it a Lat-heavy blend that explodes your palate in such a way as to make any and all future Latakia blends unpalatable? The expression Lat-Bomb has always been tossed about in such a disparaging way, I always assumed the term to be a pejorative one. Personally in the world of pipe tobacco there should be a blend known as Latakia based, with the "spice tobaccos" added in, which quite a few blends would fall under. Great job C&D! Look. I really want to like it, but it's too strong. I consider wondefull, fully taste, flavour and scent. Its a great product. Once the pipe is lit, the flavor is very rich and its sweetness catches my attention, since despite having a smaller amount of virginia, it is sweeter than other English of its kind and this is something that I like in virginia/ latakia. The very epitome of lat bomb. Great for one of those times that you don't want to think about the smoke while doing other things. I prefer to not rub this one out or it will burn too fast on you. The burley and orientals are lost in the sea of Latakia, but I suppose they temper that robust smoke to remind you that you arent smoking a bowl of str aight Latakia. I tried to give it 5 stars but somethings messed up. On the positive side: the "cut" (or presentation) of this cake tobacco is superb. Couldn't smoke it all day or even on a dialy basis but certainly go for the occasional or more than ocassional latakia blast that one is looking for. This is Ambrosia for the Latakia lovers of the world. For me, it is sheer heaven and I could smoke it all day. This is a cousin to the now defunct Old Ironsides . Rapidly becoming my only daily smoke. I also get some almonds, vanilla, and a bit of anise/licorice. Choose . I am a Latakia, English blend, and Virginia blend lover. Great aroma. Found another chewy block of this magnificent cake at the great Jack's Tobacco Shop in Milwaukee. Those of you who enjoy latakia-forward blends are in for a real treat though, as the Orientals and burley add just enough balance to keep Pirate Kake from being a one-dimensional lat bomb. UPDATE: 12/3/2013 Not just a lat bomb. Not nearly as overpowering as some say. I will keep this in my rotation and continue to cellar as I go. For it IS a fun and unique tobacco. Once I broke off a chunk, rubbed it out and let it sit a day or two; boy does it have a great spicey hearth fire scent! Pipe Tobacco Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake 2 Oz Tin Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake 2 Oz Tin Cornell and Diehl MSRP: $13.65 $11.60 (You save $2.05 ) (7 reviews) Write a Review SKU: 101-5995 Quantity: Add to Wish List Description A smooth, robust blend with LOTS (75%!) Nevertheless it is a smooth blend. Five of five stars ------------ march 06 update. Choose Options. The burley doesnt do much and the orientals need bolstering. Easy going. Mild nicotine. The smokiness is front and centre throughout. It doesn't stay lit, requires constant tamping and seems to fall out with hot embers. A very straight and narrow taste profile with hardly any change. It lacks a little bit of a component: Virginia. It came at a time of several samples and got stashed away and, well, forgotten about. . I love Latakia. It smells amazing." The smoke was heavy yet disappeared quickly, but whether I sipped or puffed it stayed heavy until half way down the bowl when it grew even thicker and did not disappear. I have come to enjoy Latakia mixtures for the most part. I also had trouble keeping it lit, and it was not the easiest to rub out from the rock hard cake bar it comes in. $10.99 Save 2% +-Add. Create New Wish List; Facebook; Email; Print; Twitter; . But what does come as a surprise, even though this packs a heady punch of smokiness, there's still a small amount of room for the nutty Burley and woody Oriental's; the Burley more-so. Stinky dirt!" This is my favorite Lat-bomb of all time, having tried many that get harsh or bitter. I like latakia but this blend goes above and beyond. I suppose there are those who just can't get enough latakia who will like it, just as there are those who put an entire bottle of ketchup on their food. The aroma was all latakia and the taste was pretty much the same. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. Heavily features smokey, leathery flavors along with a little bit of sweetness to it. Think a peaty scotch and some nuttiness for the most part. I like this stuff, its pleasant. It comes in a crumble cake and like all the C&D cakes I've tried this one is easily breakable and crumbled nicely. I definately recommend Pirate Cake, although my experience is limited with this blend. Burns well, and tastes great. There are flavors of wood smoke, spices, herbs, and a slightly nutty sweetness. The Tobacco in Bulgaria report includes: Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends. I only plan on smoking this on occasion myself. #1. Life is a novel by PKD. Only Latakia taste. This was the last of 21 new blends that I recently worked my way through. Usually I do not think I would like such a heavy latakia blend but this is good. Latakia in capital letters, but smooth, evenly burning, never to harsh. The Latakia is pretty much is the main driver, and the orientals do give some tea like qualities. Recommended for Latakiaphiles. I love this tin note being so leathery woody and sour. Like most lat-bombs the nicotine isn't noticeable at all, but the flavor is huge. I tried this in my well broken in corncob while I was outside gardening on a fairly windy day. I pick up a lot more sweetness, with a pungent sourness, like cherries that aren't quite ripe yet. The rave reviews by you my brethren afficianados. The orientals make a nice showing with a nice spicy finnish. I love Lat. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley from C&D, Pirate Kake is a Latakia lover's treasure. update December 2014** same batch as previous yet the past months of ageing seem to have mellowed out the baccy. Copious amounts of latakia doubtful you'll taste much of anything else. It seems to have a topping but it contributes to the excellent flavor. This and the pipe I used in smoking the "Lat Bomb" were given to me a generous friend and this smoke was an adventure worthy of the name "pirate." A pipe is to be savored. The block has been sitting for awhile again, as the plastic appears to have yellowed. Surprised that some found Latakia to be overwhelming as I found it just a little over medium in strength. I want to add one more star it is growing on me. Has a pleasant, lingering after taste and strong room note. Its not an everyday smoke but is a great go to when in need of a latakia fix. I bought the English sampler of C&D, a came across this blend. The taste is a rich, creamy, smooth almost minty flavor with latakia dominating the senses. It says it has turkish and burley in there, but the turkish BARELY comes through, and the burley is buried. This is by far my all time favorite tobacco. This is top of the notch latakia. Comparisons are almost always inadequate and mistakenly imply some presumtion of superiority. The latakia is smooth, even at 75%. Sku: 011-617-0185 A smooth, robust blend with LOTS (75%!) It is a very different taste from what I normally go for (I tend to like those hideous 'soapy' tobaccos from over the pond) but not something I believe is for me. Mild nicotine. Latakia, Burley, Oriental/Turkish are the ingredients. Put your big boy pants on for this one. tin. All rights reserved. Works well. Salty leather about sums it up. Smokes cool and evenly, not for the social smoker as this blend may offend some noses but may impress others. Nicotine content is low. There's bounty to be had inside this little treasure chest! January 16, 2023. I dont resist. Seventeen stars. This is one of the strongest Latakia blends I have ever smoked. This is a awesome smoke , very smokey , campfire comes to mind , there is some sweetness, but not as much as other English tobaccos, even so this is a great smoking tobacco. Nakhla is one of the (if not THE) all time kings of the market. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. Goes well with the black rum, or maybe a stronger stout or IPA. In the tin you will find a dark square Crumble Cake, very easy to break apart and to load your pipe. Join over 18k members to reviewexclusive content. There is also an underlying sweetness to the blend too, especially when sipped slowly. As it happens, latakia on its own is quite mild. I find the blend very relaxing and I am still working through the sample ounce I purchased. My only disappointment with this was that I expected it to be a bit stronger and higher in Vit N than it was. b. the twelfth infallible imam was still alive and would return to spread his faith. I got this as a sample from smokingpipes.com, and wanted to try a crumble cake. . THE ROLLS ROYCE OF TOBACCO. There is zero burn on nose exhale, and no tongue bite. Aprendo la latta ci troviamo un plug pressato, abbastanza compresso, dai colori vari, marrone scuro, chiaro e punte di giallo. Almost nothing but latakia but nicely laced with cavendish and some Turkish. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. A smooth, robust blend with lots (75%!) Maybe it was the drink she was drinking and that it was at night. I've been smoking english blends since the mid 90's. Upon cutting the bag the latakia aroma permeated the room and my nose. The result is a kind of monochromatic, but what a great color! This product can expose you to tobacco smoke, which is known to the State of California to cause . I disagree strongly with those who say Latakia is strong, and there in lies the trouble here. Slow and careful smoking, as noted, will reveal a more complex flavor character than is on the surface. Packs like a dream. Very pleasant smoke Great flavor. It was more pleasant than I expected. The cake / brownie is easily dismantled into crumbs that are easily loaded into the pipe. Pirate Kake is definitely a blend which begs to be smoked out-of-doors. The Cavendish mellows out the obtrusive, musty aromas and settles the blend for smooth smoke - exactly as in Pirate Kake. The main flavors I pick up are a dark leather mixed with an earthy peaty taste, with a subtle sweet/smooth undertone. that just makes this blend too much for me. It's not so much of that "campfire" Latakia taste as it is that mossy, damp, woody, nature-like taste. I give it 3 stars. When I finally relented after seeing so many other pipe-men enjoying Pirate Kake I was pleasantly surprised by its taste. Pirate Kake may best be utilized as a blending tobacco. This tin taught me all too well what latakia is. This is a lat lover's dream. Just what I like. Needs some dryout time or you may get a toungue bite. This stuff is the bomb. Another great C&D english. Black mostly in color with some remnants of what brown tobacco was there. In turn, the Latakia keeps any bite from the spicy Turkish i n check. It's got full-on flavor and is comprised of quality leaf. My significant other, who is a real trooper for not complaining about me smoking pipes in the house, left the room as the aroma was a bit much for her. God might be in the Va/Per or aromatic camp. Similar Blends: Mac Baren - HH Vintage Syrian, Solani - 763: White and Black. Other than that, I believe this to be the perfect blend for true lover's of Latakia, it showcases the rich, velvety, smokey, slightly sweet, delectability of Latakia, while offering a robust, yet silky smooth, full smoking experience. For Example: Enter 16 in quantity box for 1 pound. I like to rub this one out to be a fine ribbon cut consistency. Again, not an everyday smoke but fantatic when one is latakia deprived. It stank. Islay malt scotch and rose water, as in a smokey, brine, iodine, perfume, incense sort of way. To order by pound, use multiples of 16. This not Old Ironsides of any version it may be better to some and not quite as good to others but if you like OI I can't imagine you not liking this stuff. Earthy, smoky, salty, leathery and full. A few puffs into the bowl, the Latakia smooths out a bit and it is just a great smoke. I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong though; this blend is more of a medium strength. Closely behind the Smoke were a pleasant medium Earthy and mild woody flavors backed up by a light pleasant sweet butter, a mild spicy flavor, a light toasty and light nuttiness as well as a mildly spicy flavor. Pirate Kake is really three-dimensional. I'm a Virginia flake and "Balkan" guy and these are now put back into the cellar!!! A smooth, robust blend with LOTS (75%!) Pipes. I find this gets me closest to memories of my beloved Coyote Classic , . I only mention that to put my review into perspective. I agree with the previous reviews that it is rather linear and lacks balance, but if you're looking at Pirate Kake like I was, it's because you wanted that lack of balance; I wanted as much Latakia as possible.
42067733ff68fbf3590 Lone Star Tick Bite Photo, Zscaler Application Access Is Blocked By Private Access Policy, Articles P