Displaying items, You can list a specific format by selecting one here, THE VELVET UNDERGROUND Peel Slowly And See 5 CD Box Set VG+, VELVET UNDERGROUND White Light/White Heat Verve LP, VELVET UNDERGROUND orig 1967 poster 8.5" x 11" Acidheadspeed Ball ANDY WARHOL, VELVET UNDERGROUND-RARE MONO 1ST LP-TORSO COVER-MOSTLY UNPEELED BANANA-LOU REED, THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO NEW CLEAR YELLOW VINYL HYPE STICKER, US - The Velvet Underground & Nico Produced by Andy Warhol VERVE V6/5008 LEE RO5. This collection of strange, art-pop rock masterpieces is beautiful, from dreamy 'Sunday Morning' through to enigmatic, droning 'Venus in Furs' and narcotic-odyssey of 'Heroin'. The Velvet Underground Music Price Guide - ValueYourMusic.com The Velvet Underground Vinyl Records for sale | eBay This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Velvet Underground Prep 50th Anniversary Vinyl Box Set THE COVER (THIS IS THE MONUMENTALLY RARE ORIGINAL, FIRST VERSION OF THE COVER WITH ERIC EMERSONS TORSO UNCENSORED (UN-AIRBRUSHED), A faint water stain (visible on the outside as well as the inside gatefold) affects the area about 3 square inches in size in one bottom corner; there is no structural damage to the cover, and both cardboard base and paper slick are intact, however, the stain is visible and has caused some erosion in the firmness of the cover and a visible yellowish discoloration, The gatefold cover has partially split seams on 2 out of 4 "legs" of the cover (about 1 and 2 inches / 1 inch = 2.5 centimeters). ZU VERKAUFEN! This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. Yellowing is also noted on the INSIDE gatefold, - Visible shelf wear noted on the bottom seam, - Cover has some fraying/wear along the spine and the top seams, - Cover has all four corners slightly worn (nothing significant), - Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine. There are three versions of the back cover of the original American release: Original pressing sounds much better than I remembered, just got one and it sounded wildly different than the one I had heard some time ago. Value added tax number: GB . Exclusive Music, Collectibles, Gifts and More. Here's a rundown of their contents, and at the end we'll discuss their value for money and cheaper options. Its strange how the original Verve stereo cutting left a lot to be desired, while the mono cutting is a masterpiece. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VELVET UNDERGROUND (f. Top banana. As for websites, there are the big boy audio forums like audiokarma, steve hoffman forums, etc and usually a Google search of something like "VU Nico vinyl best version" will pull some thread pages from those. We also have a variety of resources available to customers including: In the event you receive a defective or damaged product you can exchange or return items within 60 days. Came super quickly! We estimate that stereo copies of this album outnumber mono pressings by a ratio of at least 10:1. A rare copy of The Velvet Undergournd & Nicos iconic album is up for auction, signed by the whole band and Andy Warhol, who produced the record and supplied the artwork. In the original torso pressing, there are clearly defined arms that hang down on either side of the band whereas the airbrush rendition has the arms and face . Ah asi, para poner Chelsea Girls. still be talking about the Velvet Underground, or that "The Velvet Underground & Nico" would have anywhere near the cultural impact of "Sgt. Sold for 61.00 USD on 22 Feb 2023 (14 bids) Number of discs : 1. 150.00. These technologies are used for things like personalised ads, to limit how many times you see an ad, to understand usage via Google Analytics, to understand how you got to our web properties, to ensure that we understand the audience and can provide relevant ads Warhol created a deliberately provocative design for the self-titled debut record by The Velvet Underground & Nico and the banana would become . . But for most of the band's actual existence, they barely registered on mainstream radar. It's odd, but never pretentious. Record Condition: VG+ promo (lightly feelable mark B:5 - does not affect play) Cover Condition: VG unipak with original inner sleeve (stains, corner crease, wear along sleeve opening, promo impression stamp on back cover)*** We pay top dollar for quality record collections. The Velvet Underground / 45th anniversary super deluxe edition The main album itself is, it goes without saying, fabulous on all versions. The two previous have skipped at the exact same spot. Get the best deals on The Velvet Underground Vinyl Records when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. far exceeding in musical and historical importance EVEN the most important albums by The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or The Doors. Vinyl. In the early 60s, Elvis, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones proved that rock 'n roll music could be used to make one rich, famous, and adored by millions of screaming girls. exc. Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. Btw, logo de mierda, arruina todo el center label del vinyl. Andy Warhols 25 best record sleeve designs. The band has been extremely popular and are often regarded as some of the founding pioneers for art-rock, indie, and avant-garde music. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," which topped the charts that year . The Velvet Underground & Nico - Long Live Vinyl Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution. Item model number : 900051. Verified Purchase. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The ground shipping method used will be determined at Music Direct's discretion. It should be a staple of any CD collection, but particularly among those who like their rock. While very few bought this on its first release, it has been stated that everyone who got one wanted to start a band - and many did. . The Vinyl Factory Group, trading as: The Vinyl Factory, Vinyl Factory Manufacturing, Phonica Records, FACT Magazine, FACT TV, Spaces Magazine, Vinyl Space, and The Store X, uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Why is this called the torso? Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. . Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its stereo counterpart. It was also pressed onto vinyl for a run of 5,000 copies also sold on Record Store Day Black . : 20. The book itself is printed on high quality paper and contains mostly unpublished photos, none of which I could find in other VELVETS books such as "The Velvet Underground: An Illustrated History of a Walk on the Wild Side." a vinyl box set of the first three albums and . To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. Please try again and contact us if this error persists. ATLANTIC K40113 (GREAT GERMAN ISSUED ROCK LP), THE VELVET UNDERGROUND WHITE LIGHT/WHITE HEAT UK LP, JOHN CALE ~ "GUTS" Sealed 8 track tape velvet underground, THE VELVET UNDERGROUND ~ S/T LP ~ MGM SE-4617 Stereo ~ ORIG. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. Regarding the technical merits of the album, the improved sound quality/reproduction of SHMCD the limitations of the original tapes are clearly evident throughout. May be another one for a proper ritualistic unpeeling! No wonder this album became one of the most inferential albums of all time . We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. I have to admit, when I first heard there was to be a 2CD version, I figured it would contain Discs One and Two, forcing the real fans to shell out for the rare great concert. The Velvet Underground, an American rock band, was founded in 1964. This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2013, i bought this a few months ago, this is the 45 th ann edition from 2012, i see to many reviews of other editions of this classic so i feel its a waste of my time to review this, all, i will say is if you loved this classic in the past, THIS IS THE BEST VERSION YOU WILL EVER SEE!!!!!!! The Velvet Underground, Nico - Sunday . And you know what - it does not sound outdated at all! New releases, VF exclusives, features, films and more. The Velvet Underground & Nico Andy Warhol CD 11 Tracks Blister Pack New. With such essential numbers as "Heroin," "I'm Waiting for the Man," "Sunday Morning," "Venus in Furs," "The Black Angel's Death Song," "Femme Fatale," "All Tomorrow's Parties" and "I'll Be You Mirror" (the latter three featuring Nico's haunting lead vocals), the album chronicles a seamy urban milieu that had never before been documented in popular music, while also exploring a gentler baroque pop sensibility that provides a complementary contrast to the album's harsher insights. Condition: Brand new. Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. Also, Mos snare drum and Lous voice sounded more realistic on the 85 pressing. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. In its original release, The Velvet Underground and Nico rose no further than No. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. The Velvet Underground is best known for its 1969 album The Velvet Underground, but their music was often dark. 800 Copies: Meet The World's Most Obsessive Fan Of 'The Velvet , Item model number Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 24, 2020, gr8 very happy fast delivery will be back cheers . Audiophiles shouldnt worry themselves about seeking out an original pressing, record collectors like me are screwed though! Enhancements you chose aren't available for this seller. Top 10 Most Valuable Records | Record Head - West Allis, WI To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band's game-changing debut LP The Velvet Underground and Nico, UME is releasing a special vinyl edition of the album that preserves its iconic original Andy Warhol-designed cover art. : Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. There are a few variations of those early pressings, predominantly dealing with differences in the rear sleeve: Torso vs Airbrush. Some restrictions apply. Find the value of your The Velvet Underground Recorded Music items (based on Auction Sales history) Artist: The Velvet Underground . Comment: **VERY GOOD Condition, Official Velvet Underground / Nico [Limited Edition Andy Warhol Peelable Banana Cover Art], Studio/Factory Release, Your purchase qualifies for Amazon Prime Shipping. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. covers not one, not two, but three songs by The Velvet Underground. The 1985 trumps this by a smidge just because its more clear and alive sounding, plus Femme Fatale sounded fantastic on that record, which is usually not the case on every other record. A new batch of catalog titles cleared for a limited edition run on colored vinyl and available exclusively to Sound of Vinyl. - Nico's "Chelsea Girl", too! FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW: , WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. We will get back to you as soon as possible. "I Heard Her Call My Name" is an alternate version, "Stephanie Says" and "Temptation Inside Your Heart" were previously available on the, compilation, "Guess I'm Falling In Love (instrumental version)," "Hey Mr. 's first disc contains a REMIXED version of the stereo album, four alternate takes ("All Tomorrows Parties," "Heroin," "European Son" and "I'll Be Your Mirror") and an instrumental take of "All Tomorrow's Parties." The Velvet Underground, Nico - Sunday Morning, East Coast Pressing, Emerson Lawsuit Threat Sticker, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for December 2013, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for October 2020, The Velvet Underground & Nico, USA, first press, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for December 2016, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for May 2016, 301 favourites I'm takin' to the golden turntable in the sky when I'm gone, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for February 2016, Most expensive items sold in Discogs Marketplace for October 2015. VINYL LOVERS - The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico Click & Collect. BRAND NEW SEALED Vinyl Bear McCreary - The Walking Dead (Original Television Soundtrack) A1 - Theme From The Walking Dead - 0:51 . Las reviews tienen razn, el audio es de un CD, y se puede escuchar el ruido de fondo en las canciones, no en el vinyl, las canciones. 13 spot on Rolling Stone's list of the top 500 albums of all time, and is included in the Library of Congress' prestigious Recording Registry, established "to maintain and preserve sound recordings and collections of sound recordings that are culturally, historically or aesthetically significant." Please choose a different delivery location. But, but . not an album I'll go back to often. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid. The new 45 year anniversary double "deluxe" version which I just bought has the stereo version, some rehearsals, and some versions of an early acetate. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2020. Please try again. VELVET UNDERGROUND VU VERVE 23MM0432 JAPAN VINYL LP. And it's a good point: it's every bit as important as The Beatles' "Rubber Soul", say, or early releases by The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, The Everly Brothers, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Led Zep, and a sea full of other great bands/artists. The cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. It is exciting to hear Lou sing "Heroin" from the Spectre sessions with the opening line "I know just where I'm going" instead of "I don't know just where I'm going." The following valuable info copied from "Rockdoc a.k.a. Rock The Velvet Underground Vinyl Records, The Velvet . The Velvet Underground & Nico - LP Vinyl Record - NM/EX. The Velvet Underground's seedy, druggy music defiantly reflected an urban attitude even closer to the beatniks than Bob Dylan and even more devoted to rock n' roll primitivism than The Rolling Stones or The Who. Velvet Underground & Nico by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2012), The Velvet Underground & Nico [LP] by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2015), Velvet Underground [45th Anniversary] [LP] by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2015), I'll Be Your Mirror: A Tribute to the Velvet Underground & Nico by Various Artists (Record, 2021), White Light/White Heat [45th Anniversary Edition] by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2013), 1969 by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2017), Velvet Underground & Nico Limited Edition Clear Yellow Vinyl 2020, Collected by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2017), Moulinex Food Processor Electric Vegetable Chopper 2 Speeds 2.4L 600W Cream, Salter Health Grill Multi Cooker Air Fryer Aero Grill (Damaged Packaging), DYZI FULLY RECHARGEABLE BICYCLE / SUPER BRIGHT BIKE LIGHTS SET LIGHT WATERPROOF, Vax Glide Hard Floor Cleaner Upright CLHF-GLKSRB Refurbished, Coolant Antifreeze G12+ RED Ready Mixed 2x5L Long Life German Hi Spec 10 Litre, BRAND Joop Homme 200ml Men's Fragrance Eau De Toilette, Cadbury Chocolate Sweet Gift Box Hamper Dairy Milk Personalised Birthday Easter. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. When it's good it's very good but when it's not it's almost unlistenable. Let's begin with the new releases of their first iconic album. from 2002 featuring the album's stereo and (superior) mono versions, the five most VELVET-like tracks from NICO's 'CHELSEA GIRL" and mono versions of the singles "All Tomorrow's Parties"/"I'll Be Your Mirror" and "Sunday Morning"/"Femme Fatale." The Velvet Underground & Nico sleeve artwork by Andy Warhol. damn do people actually like peeling the banana that much lmao. View basket for details. The cover has 90% of their banana still on it (missing the tip). Half a century after the 1967 release of their landmark debut album The Velvet Underground and Nico, the Velvet Underground's intrepid musical vision and audacious lyrical approach have yet to be equaled. Shipping on Orders over $50. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, Velvet Underground and Nico - S/T Original Mono LP. Everything Releases Artists . All Rights Reserved. Regarding the technical merits of the album, the improved sound quality/reproduction of SHMCD the limitations of the original tapes are clearly evident throughout. - helping us understand the audience It took me a long time to get into The Velvet Underground & Nico's seminal album, but at last I get it. Something went wrong. Very sixties great songs. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. Well, if your reading this you almost certainly own a copy of this album in some form, if you don't where have you been? VELVET UNDERGROUND AND NICO (THE GROUP'S SELF-TITLED FIRST ALBUM), WITH UNCENSORED, ORIGINAL "TORSO" BACK COVER. LP VINYL. Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. NICO VELVET UNDERGROUND LP BLUE ANGEL ORIG UK 1985 EX+ TOP AUDIOFILI !!! When your order subtotal reaches $49 in the shopping cart. Rain (Version 1)" and "Hey Mr. COVER, MADE OF THICK CARDBOARD (AMERICAN STYLE), PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW), (Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO ANDY WARHOL MV-2060 JAPAN ORIGINAL Ver. Read next: Re-assessing The Velvet Underground & Nico - 50 years on. Everything starts with this album. Got it for like $11 in 2011 I think. Reviewed in Australia on 14 October 2019. My only complaints are the high price, that the discs are in slots in the rear of the book, and more importantly, they left off the superior mono mix of CHELSEA GIRL even though they had room on the stereo disc. sets, but an unquestionably historic document, nonetheless. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 6, 2015. Free delivery for many products! or Best Offer. The vinyl is clean with minor scuffs only. THE VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO 12" Vinyl Verve Records V6-5008. , and there's a previously unreleased early version of "Beginning To See The Light." All the bonus tracks, especially those previously released, have benefited greatly from the new remastering. I actually think this sounds really good- Considering this is a poor recording, as evident on Run Run Run and Femme Fatale. At such a high price point for just the album (not too mention having to then shell out for the separate releases to get the bonus material), I don't see this format becoming successful like blu-ray did for movies. But, but . not an album I'll go back to often. Something went wrong. The Vinyl Factory is the worlds foremost vinyl enterprise. Perhaps because they recorded "There She Goes Again" first, it is the . For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates. The band split up in 1971. Great album had never heard their musical before but I had heard of them. Disc Two has the mono version of the original album with the single mix of the title track and it's B-Side "Here She Comes Now" and "previous unreleased isolated vocal and instrumental versions" of "The Gift." The voice of Nico melts you away with the contrasting voice of Lou Reed . It contains the rare tracks "Booker T.," "I'm Not A Young Man Anymore" and "Guess I'm Falling In Love." Early Vinyl Pressings of The Velvet Underground & Nico. Try to find this copy if you can: The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Shipping on Orders over $50. Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!! !, si solo lo quieres tener ah para escuchar y solo te gusta, pues adelante, tan mal no est. a. 13 product ratings - VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO - ANDY WARHOL LP VINYL ALBUM with Peeling Banana, 4 product ratings - The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground [VINYL]. There are three versions of the back cover of the original American release: 1st - Has an image of actor Eric Emerson projected upside-down on the wall behind the band. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. VINYL LOVERS 900051. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band's game-changing debut LP The Velvet Underground and Nico, on June 30, 2017, UME is releasing a special vinyl edition of the album that preserves its . Her . Something went wrong. : That's so cool, I wonder how stuff like that happens. ${cardName} not available for the seller you chose. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2005. Interesting to hear once maybe but the rehearsals are bootleg quality part formed songs and the acetate tracks are scratchy. r/vinyl - Finding the "best" version. [The Velvet Underground & Nico] Buy Velvet Underground & Nico The Velvet Underground & Nico Vinyl Everything went super smooth. Detailed information can be found on our Privacy Policy page. NICO) Original UK 2 x LP Vinyl LP 12" * LAMINATED COVER* at the best online prices at eBay! THE VELVET UNDERGROUND - The Story Of Velvet Underground VINYL LP Because Emerson objected to being included on the cover without his permission (and, more importantly, without adequate financial compensation), he filed a lawsuit against Verve (possibly even Warhol himself), who then decided to rather than reach an out-of-court settlement with Emerson either airbrush Emersons torso, or camouflage it by pasting a large black song titles sticker over the questionable torso. Reviewed in Australia on 22 March 2018. - basic site functions 5 out of 5 stars (33) The Velvet Underground & Nico 45th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition), Audio CD, Extra tracks, Original recording remastered, June 25, 2002. 1,152.96 VELVET UNDERGROUND THE QUINE TAPES V.1 3 MONO LP BOX SET 2010 LOU REED PSYCH, Loaded [LP] by The Velvet Underground (Record, 2020), VELVET UNDERGROUND VU VERVE 23MM0432 JAPAN VINYL LP, VELVET UNDERGROUND SAME MGM 23MM0192 JAPAN VINYL LP, VELVET UNDERGROUND WHITE LIGHT / WHITE HEAT VERVE 23MM0190 JAPAN VINYL LP, The Velvet Underground " Loaded " LP { Please Read! In addition to reproducing Warhol's beloved original "banana cover" design, complete with peelable banana sticker, the 50th-anniversary vinyl edition also reproduces the album's original gatefold cover as well as its rare original back-cover "torso" photo, with Reed's face superimposed over the torso of Warhol associate Eric Emerson. FOR SALE! With Warhol credited as producer, The Velvet Underground and Nico is one of the most auspicious debut albums in rock history. PHIL COLLINS Face Value - 1981 First Press Atlantic LP - BEAUTIFUL NM DISC $29.99 (USD) . My thoughts on. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. As the buyer, you should be aware of possible: . There's only a couple of tracks here I dislike; the honest truth is that much of what's on this disc remains fresh, catchy and deep all these decades later. While looking at my album collection I was surprised that I had no VU so thought I should get one as they are an oft quoted influence of many bands I like. See original listing. Yet the album has emerged as a one-of-a-kind classic, occupying the No. The VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO MONO LP Andy Warhol V-5008 Banana 1967 Original. 4. The Velvet Underground & Nico is the debut album by the American rock band the Velvet Underground and German singer Nico, released in March 1967 through Verve Records.It was recorded in 1966 while the band were featured on Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable tour. The tribute album was conceived in 2017 at the same time as Todd Haynes signed on to direct The Velvet Underground, the highly anticipated Apple Original film that just premiered at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival to rave reviews and marks Haynes' first foray into the . An iconic album from the Velvet Underground. Sold by Berkley Vinyl and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. I watched M45s video on this and i think hes never heard this album before if he thinks this is complete dogshit. The first pressing (which I have) also had the "peelable" banana. Place a qualifying order over $49* and receive FREE DOMESTIC GROUND SHIPPING. (The others are from acetate, probably that one), but all to say the sound quality is much better than what has been on the internet. Fans of this version have to either track down an old LP or buy Sundazed's. Customers can choose an alternative expedited shipping method but it will not qualify for this free shipping offer. Feel free to stick around, or you can also shop our UK store, which has slightly different product offerings. If you continue to see a shipping charge on your order, please check the exclusions listed below. INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. We think that the mix is more natural, humane, "organic" and that the mixes are somewhat different than on the stereo version. ASIN : B00YF3V3Q8. The release of "I'll Be Your Mirror" marks the kickoff of a robust campaign of Velvet Underground activity in 2021. The Story of The Velvet Underground & Nico' - Classic Album Sundays It is even better if you are a chill minded person. The Underground (Lou Reed, John Cale, Sterling Morrison .
How Did George Johnston Die, Director Of Uab Hospital, Michael Jordan Signed Photo, Articles O