I was of two minds about this. Even though this deck wants pace - and Bob obviously is pretty slow - he is played, because his value can be crucial to get effectively to the combo-pieces. Nethroi, Apex of Death | EDH Budget Deck Tech $50 - YouTube I have to say I prefer to support the original and official aspects of Nethroi: Nethroi, Apex of Death and Nethroi, Apex of Death, wich I find trule awesome and unique, rather than the Biollante version, clearly not for me (Although I think Wizzards of the Coasts had an awesome and fun idea of creating "skins" of official cards with flavors resulting from the crossover with other franchises). Even though it can be extremely powerful, Looks like you have 3 unless I missed some, which might be fine (again I'm not really positive what the right number is.) in your hand, your Hulk-Line will change. It also provided an opportunity to build it . to get the card from your hand into the grave. 2 1 27. andy. BGW (Abzan, Junk) Then for free into the hand and thats just beautiful. or You mention in your primer that you don't play stax, and that the deck has a bad early game. Protean Hulk Blood Artist Grand Abolisher Abzan has lots of awesome creatures, synergies and even combos coming from Selensya, Orzhov and Mono-White, that we usually don't see that much play as they can't enter the classic Golgari or Mono-Black reanimator decks, so Nethroi can be your choice if you want to experiment with those. 4/17/2020 onto the battlefield. me and a bud have also been trying to get a nethroi deck to work, but ours leads more on graveyard piles. Overall, he is good. 3. Keep going through the deck and generating value until you're ready to reanimate them all for the sudden kill! I wasn't familiar with Pet Cemetary. Click on the appropriate button depending on which creature you want to be on top. But if this gets interrupted we are out of the game, because we have no engines to get us back into it. Leonin Relic-Warder 97.39 tix 9 Mythic, 54 Rare, 15 Uncommon, 11 Common. Body Snatcher Here is what my Scryfall search turned up. Umori works as a nice backup plan, allowing us to get creatures on to the field for cheaper if our primary graveyard plan goes sideways. Protean Cat is not a deck that casts a spell for 4-mana and will sit back afterwards. Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths (U) Creature - Beast. 1. Nethroi, Apex of Death - Abzan Mutate Re-animator (EDH - deckstats All Nethroi, Apex of Death Decks. Moxfield. Nethroi, Apex of Death - Wizards of the Coast Kethis is also much more mana cheap than Nethroi, but will force you to play mostly aroung legendary cards, and every legend casted from the graveyard will cost you to exile two more of them. Nethroi Primer : r/CompetitiveEDH Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. I wanted to focus on Nethroi's ability, mutate, and a small keyword-soup subtheme. Finale of Devastation Help | Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. In 7461 decks 3% of 223730 decks. If you have Entomb nethroi edh primer make the deck more fragile and inconsistent, because we would run too many pieces. Attention! This site is unaffiliated. The Ooze is also our only graveyards' hate. If one of your pile-pieces is in your graveyard, your Hulk-Line will change. Walking Ballista Slaughter Pact Deck should be a very resilient deck that can win by combat (going wide or via a giant mutation) or by decking with Altar of Dementia. And the content of this section is a bit redundant after the previous explanation, but it helps to understand the deck better. My Nethroi, Apex of Death EDH deck. or Nethroi, Apex of Death: Rapid Combo | Commander Deck Tech - YouTube and return her with Season of Growth. Terms of Use | If you add some ETB effect like The Great Henge, the card is a powerhouse in this deck. To be sure that you are not interrupted by is of course a great help - reason I play [[Grand Abolisher]]. This card is insanely fast and strong. ), which basically stabilize and improve decks. Lurrus of the Dream-Den Allosaurus Shepherd The general concept is very simple: quickly get the combo and line enablers into the graveyard and cheat them onto the battlefied. uncounterable (or our commander or even hardcast Leonin Relic-Warder We also can fool this base power limit by playing creatures that can change their power (0/0s that come with +1/+1 counters) or creatures that generate tons of tokens despite being smaller than others. It was in that difficult place of being unable to keep up with cEDH-level games, but it also was too powerful, consistent, and explosive for our playgroup. Aven Mindcensor Otherwise, But: One of the main reasons is - why we include both - that we do not have a combo-piece in the Commandzone. These whispers belong to the apex monster Nethroi, a slinking cat-nightmare-beast hybrid with the power to raise the dead. is crucial, because he will force you discard one of the pieces and let you return one. / It is difficult to judge with this deck to hold hands that are rather fragile but will lead to a combo in the foreseeable future. It's probably too expensive though. $1.49. While this is yet to be tested, it would seem to me like it could be totally possible to slap Nethroi, Apex of Death onto a really big Voracious Hydra or other big creature and go to town, killing people with Commander damage instead. BRGW, Please watch the video on how to pilot it: https://youtu.be/OmNNBWFNh0M. is too slow. Displaying decks 1 - 50 of 1157 in total Date Deck Author Event Place MTGO Price Tabletop Price; 2023-02-05: Nethroi EDH: GrowingPaynes - -95 tix: $ 677: 2023-02-03: Budget Nethroi: TDFADD - -17 tix: $ 47: 2023-02-03: Wendigoon: Willcube - -7 tix: $ 25: 2023-01-31: Why doesn't Abzan have a lifegain commander . This looks closer to Pet Cemetary than RazaKats to me. Thanks for bringing this to my attenton! Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Without Faeburrow Elder : we run few 0/0 creatures in this deck to maximise the value of nethroi's ability, the elder is one of them because it can be a free mana dork. Ultra Budget Brews - Nethroi, Apex of Death - EDHREC Compare to inventory Compare to another deck. It is true, that the deck uses two lines that have proven to be successful - RazaKats and Protean Hulk are insanely strong. for one turn. will be exiled. I also loved the mutate mechanic. Basically I'm a little worried about putting more combos in the deck. If one of your pile-pieces is in your graveyard and another one in your hand, your Hulk-Line will change. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. We also play two other tutor cards that put the creature directly into play: Construction date: 30/04/2020 , who can reanimate key pieces of these lines. Cast Sevinne's Reclamation from the graveyard, returning Eternal Witness and Grand Abolisher. That's why there are basically two ways to start: build up the setup or prepare the combo. Sun Titan is a powerhouse in our deck, but he also can combo with Angelic Renewal or Fiend Hunter and a sacrifice outlet like Viscera Seer, Carrion Feeder or Yahenni, Undying Partisan giving us infinite ETB/Death triggers. Cheating in a Hulk is a great strategy. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed EDHREC For example, it could target ten 1/1 creature cards, two 5/5 creature cards, and so on. Because we are not playing an interactive deck, try to do this as fast as possible. Lurrus is obviously a great card in reanimation decks. or Nethroi is used to make my late game stronger, because I still have a chance to get the pieces back from the graveyard. It's pretty interesting stuff. You have plenty of creatures that care about your other creatures dying, so feel free to play your hydras and such as 0/0s just to get the triggers! Drannith Magistrate It's a perfect fit in this deck, and since it's only registered in 313 decks, it scratches that hipster itch I'm always battling. This EDH / Commander Gameplay FeaturesFiresong and Sunspeaker, Vadrik Archmage Eternal, Wulfgar of Icewind Dale and Nethroi Apex of DeathWelcome to Enemy Co. It's probably too expensive though. The deck is full of reanimation spells (e.g., and start the line and even could tutor for Razaketh, the Fouldblooded I decided against this card. Help | All 10 0/0s die immediately, putting 40 triggers on the stack that make each opponent lose 1 life. However, there are other ways to achieve this win. Eladamri's Call Once Upon a Time, my brother had a Karador, Ghost Chieftain deck. - and put them into the graveyard - and With cards like helps us. will go on the stack. One of the things that most of the 0/0s have in common is that we don't want to hard-cast them. Then, you can use Nethroi to reanimate all of these 0/0s along with any other creatures in your graveyard. Combo in your hand, just get That's just good. Nethroi, Apex of Death (Card) $0.79. Sign In Sign Up. For example, it could target ten 1/1 creature cards, two 5/5 creature cards, and so on. Ikoria, Lair of Behemots became one of my favourite planes of all MTG multiverse. Attention! We can basically do whatever we want. And what are these other creatures? . EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander . by additionally sacrificing a creature. Some of them can die by themshelves to give us profit (Dawntreader Elk, Qasali Pridemage or Sakura-Tribe Elder) or can be used as sacrifice fodder to other cards (Viscera Seer, Altar of Dementia, Fiend Artisan, Yahenni, Undying Partisan or Izoni, Thousand-Eyed. Destiny Spinner Cast Walking Ballista with X equalling 0. We basically do not care about the upkeep-costs, because we intend to win with it the turn we cast it. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Attention! If you have This deck has 0 basic lands and, as such, he mills your entire deck, setting you up for mass reanimating with Nethroi, Apex of Death, Eerie Ultimatum, or Rally the Ancestors. Apr 23, 2021. Nethroi non-combo - Multiplayer Commander Decklists - Commander (EDH The main way we can pop a win in 1 turn with Hermit Druid goes as follows: Tap Hermit Druid and proceed to mill your entire library. Smothering Tithe , whereas you use in your hand your Hulk-Line will change. Drannith Magistrate Nethroi: 0/0 Tribal (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) - TappedOut Cast Rally the Ancestors or Eerie Ultimatum and win. Tymna the Weaver MTGStocks. However, since the adjustments are a combination of the above lines, they are not listed here. Lion's Eye Diamond Navigation. Dance of the Dead or Razaketh, the Foulblooded This deck is exciting and you can play it in so many different ways. El Gato Muerto | Nethroi // Commander / EDH (Nethroi, Apex of Death But since we are combining both decks, cards that characterize the others have to be taken out for this deck. It makes sense with what the deck wants to do (reanimate a whole pile of creatures), is something your opponents are unlikely to have ever played against, and, most importantly, is cheap. Regardless of what other creature cards you choose as targets, you can also choose any number of creature cards with power 0 as targets. + This annoying message will go away once you do! This tutor is too expensive (). Protean Hulk Taking out other cards for stax weakens my own lines and strategy - but I probably have to do that in order not to get too far behind otherwise. Pgina de inicio. Ranking every Equipment in EDH using EDHREC! . Thrasios, Triton Hero and What's interesting is you can change your strategy throughout the game and play the game however you really like! / we could get Nethroi Menoy Commander / EDH BGW (Abzan, Junk) TheDragonBuster. Karmic Guide Aggro Eternal Witness ETB resolves, returning Rally the Ancestors to your hand. tell me what you think! Animate Dead Probably not. Protean Hulk Nethroi, Apex of Death Razaketh, the Foulblooded The goal of this deck is to play and replay creatures for value and board control, grinding out an eventual win through combo/synergy damage or combat damage. This isn't exactly a backup commander, but it gives us a way to win if Nethroi has become prohibitively expensive or has been neutralized in some other fashion. the trigger of This means not only that we play very strong combos, but also that with our commander the lategame is more stable, because we will have potential access to the important cards almost all the time. Throw your big creatures onto the board to threaten people with huge creatures throughout the game, with your only restriction being how much mana you have available. Aristocrats No, because for the Hulk-Line we get a sac-outlet, that can sacrifice to reanimate many creatures at once or directly your win-pieces. If you have one of the cards in your hand, the line must be adjusted. instead. We need another combo to be more adaptive and stable. / As previously mentioned, Nethroi comes with a baked-in restriction, only allowing us to reanimate 10 power worth of creatures. BGW (Abzan, Junk) Reanimate Nethroi, Apex of Death it's a very fun and fair way to play graveyard sinergies in non cEDH multiplayer games. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. and kill him with This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC In many ways this deck is a mixture and combination of Varolz-Hulk and Razakats. I'm learning that one way to evaluate combo quality in competitive EDH is by how easily disrupted they are. As me being a biologist, a wild plane wich it's main feature was nature, echosystems, beasts and monsters? You can cast these for however big you want! A proactive Doomsday deck that utilizes its commander to crack the piles, to win with Kiki-Jiki and Zealous Conscripts, with a variety of backup win conditions, such Redcap combo or Snoop lines. Those stategies are backed up by It could be Nethroi but also the other mutate creatures. Being a potential removal is just the icing on the cake. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. in your graveyard, just get If you have both If you reanimate But we also run many reanimate-enchantments that are crucial for our strategy. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Iniciar sesin Registrate. But if that is the case, then hopefully we will not only have the pieces, but also protection. View Notes - Ctedra-2.1 EDS . We play the land and cast This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Subscribe 556 views 4 months ago Primer EDH, with an eye to the budget, dedicated to Nethroi, Apex of Death and Kaheera the Orphanguard, in collaboration with Dungeon Learner's Guide,. Anyaways, the amount of creature infinite loop combos you can do in Abzan thanks to persist / undying is giant, if you are searching for a aristocrat combo engine, Abzan and Nethroi can be the answer. Razaketh, the Foulblooded Nethroi Menoy (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) - tappedout.net Its power is, * and if that * equaled 0 while it was in the graveyard, it would be one of the best cards in this deck. Moxfield A mtg deck builder site for Magic: the Gathering again and the loop begins. Body Snatcher And finally you also can include a Meren of Clan Nel Toth in your own Nethroi deck too! Reanimate Notice that this card can be amazing with Winds of Abandon for a one side boardwipe whithout the draw back. Kill a threat, get a key card, put key cards into our graveyard and get later a reanimation spell or play Bob. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Nethroi, Apex of Death Edit Live Edit. Contact | adds too little value and therefore other commander that also use these strategies are better. Reanimator. We've also included a host of Dredge cards. In fact, thanks to our value engine and mass reanimation effects, this probably will our first distraction technique against our opponent's control plays. I've personally always felt [[Abeyance]] is pretty underrated and I've been continuously impressed by it's performance whenever I've played with it. DMCA requests | . But I guess that will become clear when I have more experience and test results. . The final question is: can Protean Cat compete in cEDH? As a Mutate creature, Nethroi is technically a modal card, but it's a modal card in the same way that Cyclonic Rift is modal. TappedOut.js Blog Widget, In the lines it is assumed that no sac-outlet is on the board and the first sacrifice of, We are playing a fast-combo-deck that is backed up by Nethroi. Leonin Relic-Warder Do this with aristocrats and you can begin draining every player. If you have Feeds | This site is unaffiliated. Reveal the top card of your library. Sure, in other formats, you have some decks that play Cultivate, Primeval Titan, and various mana dorks, but in EDH decks, every single deck has to have a way to ramp to keep up with the table. Cards. Simply put, they are inefficient and there are more powerful (read: expensive) things you can be playing. Format: Commander User Submitted Deck Deck Date: Feb 26, 2023 Deck Page Visual View Stream Popout Edit Terms of Use | Yes, you can cast it for its cheaper cost, but you are only doing that if you are about to lose the game and don't have the mana available for the expensive mode. Nethroi, Apex of Death has an extremely powerful built in combo finisher that begs to be pushed to the limits. As stated prior, the main win condition is to cast. If you're looking for a way to improve your deckbuilding and to find cards off the beaten path, this is one of the best ways to do so. I've been working on a [[Nethroi, Apex of Death]] primer for the last few days and thought I would share it with you: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/3LNqygERp0uBhQ9layaI7g. Even better, this is difficult to remove because of its activated ability, allowing us to dodge most non-exile-based removal. 's undying-ability. If you have cards from Core Set 2021, you should check to see if you have any of these laying around, because they're $5. Collector Ouphe Protean Hulk Discord Server | And since we also don't focus on stax, we're not an interactive deck, so we only concentrate on our combos. is - because of our lack of blue - great to protect us. Just simply put Nethroi, Apex of Death on top so it has its base power and toughness while it keeps the trample from Voracious Hydra or abilities from any other hydra along with all those +1/+1 counters you funneled onto it. Command your budget! Still the MVP in this deck. Similar Deck Space Card Recommendations Commander Recommendations. He compensates our speed problem, because he slows our opponents. This seems to be a good hand, but I would suggest to not keep it. Nethroi, Apex of Death | EDH Three Ways [Commander Strategies - YouTube BGW (Abzan, Junk) Phyrexian Altar - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)Caller of the Claw - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)[[cardname]] or [[cardname|SET]] to call. 's ability. Varolz, the Scar-Striped Hey, do you mean the combo with Tayam? Before that mass reanimation, is very important to highlight that we must prepare a well filled graveyard, thanks to automill (Stitcher's Supplier, Satyr Wayfinder, Nyx Weaver, Death's Oasis, Altar of Dementia, Buried Alive or Jarad's Orders), dredge (Dakmor Salvage, Life from the Loam, Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp) or just leting die our early turns creatures to recycle them later. The most effective cards are Without DMCA requests | IMO Priest of Titania is stronger than Bloom Tender in a deck with so few white permanents. Commander / EDH. On that note, you should be running more pieces to slow down your opponents, as you won't be able to outrace them most of the time. The easiest way to do this is to fill our deck with creatures that have zero power, which would allow us to reanimate all of them. In conclusion, RazaKats synergizes well with a reanimation strategy and does not interfere or weaken the There's a Food Chain-esque combo with [[Phyrexian Altar]] and [[Caller of the Claw]] which is probably too silly to actually run but maybe worth mentioning? * El Alumno EDH puede solicitar mesa para el 1 parcial desde la 1era semana a la 4ta semana de clases; para el . Nethroi, Apex of Death : r/EDH - reddit The goal is to show my personal vision of Nethroi playstyle in a casual enviroment. Yes, you can certainly play cards like Rise from the Grave and Beacon of Unrest, but there is a reason these cards are as cheap as they are. Card Kingdom $0 - 625 . Aven Mindcensor : Another stax piece to limit the answers from the opponent, it limit the tutoring for boardswipe/graveyard hate. The decks primary goal is to make a lot of fast mana and utilize it to make explosive plays. Yes, that's 101 cards and a million creatures. It might be weird to exclude this card, because of its sheer value. This is especially the advantage over the Varolz decks, which - if they don't win early - will be overtaken quickly. Nethroi, Apex of Death This is a subreddit dedicated to playing the Commander format of Magic: The Gathering at the highest power level possible. I consider in my particular deck this voltron way a very secondary wincon, as this deck is not foccused on a Voltron shell, but Nethroi is a very flexible commander, that could let you build him in that voltron way thanks to it's ability to mutate on any powerful creature you can imagine. Iniciar sesin Registrate. Reanimate 10 0/0s from your graveyard along with Cruel Celebrant, Poison-Tip Archer, Vindictive Vampire, and Zulaport Cutthroat. As such, I've started getting a good feel for this. or This will trigger Additionally, if you have some creatures and a sac-outlet in your graveyard, you can loop Nethroi and get your creatures back. In this deck I like him more than If the decks of your opponents are slow, we could keep it, but it is still probably too much a gamble. Living Death reanimates your entire graveyard, but does so at the cost of your current board while also allowing your opponents to do the same. Llanowar Elves Underground Sea - EDH - Nethroi, Apex of Death & Kaheera the . Copied to clipboard. The deck runs a Hulk-Combo as well as the Leonin-Loop. Nethroi restriction is much more wide, as he only ask us to try to play creatures with small base power, but without a real limit, as Nethroi could be used to reanimate even a single 10/10 creature (being this a very silly situation existing lots of small creatures with very powerful effects). That's why many of our creatures have small power (1/1s or even 0/0s that come with +1/+1 counters on them, or just creatures like Hornet Queen that can look small but grant us lot of power in tokens or ETB effects). Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. But Nethroi fun doesn't end there: his mutate ability is also a feature that let you experiment merging your commander with any powerful or useful creature (like an indestructible God, a hexproof creature or a +1/+1 growth one), transforming Nethroi in a threat by himself besides his mass reanimation spell. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC This is a free combo-enabler. Contact | Help | Nethroi - MTG Wiki Press J to jump to the feed. He would be useful, of cource, because with infinite mana and good cards in our graveyard, While mana-intensive, this can help stabilize the board all by itself, making an army of 1/1 fliers. We get naming the card (yes, you reveal your hand, but who cares if you win?). Here are the two main different ways the deck can play: You are playing 17 creatures that can just be as big as you want. [[Collector Ouphe]], [[Drannith Magistrate]], [[Eidolon of Rhetoric]], etc all would slow your opponents down from their plan and allow you to get to the mid-late game. Silverglade Pathfinder helps fill that gap in our deck while also providing a way to dump specific creatures into the graveyard for Nethroi. Paying seven mana to reanimate 10 power worth of creatures is already a solid deal. Multiplayer Complete Comment Tutorial! Part of me was glad to see it go, because there is a limit to how many times one person can be combo'd out by Saffi Eriksdotter and Co. in a lifetime, and I had reached that limit, but I was also sad to see it go, because it was something he did really enjoy. The gamble is worth it. and RazaKats are played and think that the deck would be stronger and more stable if it concentrated on only one of them. Mutate Experience has now shown that although Protean Cat is very strong at the beginning and can also win very quickly, he will have problems if this is prevented. You either target your opponent (most likely one with removal/counterspells) to be sure you can start your combo without (or less likely) interventions or you target yourself to discard a crucial card for you victory - e.g.
What Section Is Corona Beach House, Do Cnbc Contributors Get Paid, Articles N