The caveat is that it's an open box item. 'list': 'Search Results', Make sure it says tested on it. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', 'position': 11 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', I'd say go for it but obviously check that everything is there and that the pins are fine, etc. Sign In With. 'name': 'PowerSpec B749 bundled with Microsoft 365 Family - 12 Month Subscription for up to 6 People', 'list': 'Search Results', I was rather surprised they repaired it at no cost given MSI's track record concerning customer service. },{ 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', Of course I got a full refund on it but I noticed it wasn't labeled as tested like a few of the other boards I was looking at. Micro Center also provides Tech Support at our retail locations during regularly scheduled store hours. There's a open box monitor that's listed online through microcenter that I'm looking at. Hi. A keyboard and two laptops. This limit encompasses all orders placed under the same customer name, I have no experience with Open Box purchases. Press J to jump to the feed. 'price': '327.98', Resurrecting an old thread : There's this Open Box RX 480 in the microcenter near me, for $170 after tax. I no longer buy open box. Is there a way to troubleshoot the laptop within the 14 day return window to check out everything? 'name': 'Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo', The store mantra is to ALWAYS take care of the customer. 'brand': '', Furthermore, it may be missing an adapter/driver disk or something insignificant. 'price': '364.97', You can get a brand-new Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4GB card for $189.99 from Newegg. ), I can return it for a full refund. What Does 'Open-Box' Mean? Micro Center Coupon | 30% OFF Tech Promo Code | March 2023 - Slickdeals Or it could be a broken part like pgaster experienced; if it's something you weren't going to use anyway, you might not even notice. The warranty and return date basically make it risk free. Sign In - Micro Center California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003 'id': '5006219', I always buy a bunch of amazon warehouse boards from amazon (picked up four last week, X470 boards etc) and they all work fine. If the retailer has a solid return policy and the potential time investment is acceptable to you then go for it. 'id': '5006237', JavaScript is disabled. Our online resources are always available. },{ Open Box; Price . We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Microcenter has an excellent return policy Open box items are mostly returns (cases could be display models). Instantly returned the laptop. Search the Micro Center Job Access site to review our latest Openings. 'brand': '', Access Your Account - Micro Center Micro Center - Computers and Electronics - Thousands of products to buy: desktops, laptops, monitors, build your own PC parts, upgrades, digital imaging, printing supplies, portable devices, audio equipment, software, video games, movies, tech books, plus repair service, store hours, directions, and employment opportunities. 'id': '5006253', As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. 'price': '1,479.98', If you bought your products at a store, you must return them there as well. Edit: If it's $90+ less maybe I'd consider it.. assuming I had a good return policy. 'position': 9 Microcenter Open Box Experiences? : r/Microcenter - reddit 'id': '5006213', Open Box CPU at Micro Center - AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware OP here, picked up an open box MSI Z690-A Pro DDR4 for $154. Use your cart to checkout in-store pickup and shipped items. Does Anyone Know What Open Box/Incomplete Means? : r/buildapc - reddit },{ Rebooted again, another blue screen of death. I got a Maximus Hero VI and get it home and it wouldn't post. I'd be happy to reach out to our store manager to see if there may be any other options available. Microcenter will usually mark an open box item as complete, missing items or damaged Bucketnate 6 yr. ago Ahh gotcha. There's always a risk you're buying a headache, but as long as you have a decent return policy and the time to run it back, you should be fine. 'price': '297.98', [14] Micro Center is an approved seller of all Apple . 'position': 6 'brand': '', Open box could mean they ran the shit out of it Nd then returned it. Maybe I've just been lucky, but my. We're your trusted local service and repair professionals. They didn't hook me up with any special discounts or anything like that but I did get the mobo/processor bundle discount. 'list': 'Search Results', and they don't sell parts to end customers. Just check and see if its 15 or 30 days since sometimes the open box stuff is 15 days. Micro Center 128GB microSDXC Card Class 10 UHS-I C10 U1 Flash Memory Alex is set to open its doors on the western shore of Lake Zurich in the spring under the management of Campbell Gray Hotels. 'name': 'MSI Katana GF66 12UD 015 Platinum Collection bundled with Microsoft 365 Personal - 12 Month Subscription for 1 Person', Planning on building a computer but need some advice? . 'name': 'Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-M-PLUS Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo', Location: East Coast. I bought a refurbished asus dual 1366 board from newegg like 10 years ago and never had any issues, it's been running 24/7 since then as my file server too so decent luck there. /r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. 'brand': '', 'position': 17 Only you can decide if it is worth the risk. Hello Reddit, I was looking at purchasing a laptop and noticed that a $2200 laptop had an open box one for $1500. But, I don't want to spend $300 for something damaged but still working. 'position': 13 'id': '5006215', Not really a risk. You must log in or register to reply here. I never heard it called open box. It's likely been returned for some reason, but not necessarily because it's damaged. MicroCenter Open Box Return Policy. I opened a ticket with MSI and they approved an RMA. I've bought three open-box items from Micro Center. 'id': '5006233', I found a board at a good price on Warehouse Deals - but, got 'scared'. 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', Sponsored. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The one other board was a x299 board long sold off but was perfectly fine. You won't need to bring a receipt if you have a Micro Center Insider account. These items will be removed if you continue to checkout. /r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. I had a friend who purchased open box ram from Microcenter and it was defective. I have an opportunity to get a $100 motherboard for $50 at my local MicroCenter. I'm interested in purchasing a laptop from my local Microcenter. Email or Mobile Phone*. As an email subscriber, you'll have premier access to our best offers, exclusive deals and more. A keyboard and two laptops. Personally I would be reluctant to buy an open box item for something as expensive and complex as a gaming laptop, but that is just my personal feeling. 'brand': '', You could have googled that one. Will try to build/test this weekend. Too many bad experiences over the years. 'price': '729.98', My question: Is it worth the risk? On September 24, 2003, legislation in the State of California established a funding system for the collection and recycling of certain electronic wastes. It is now offered to you at a discount. I bought my video card from Microcenter open box. 'position': 22 'list': 'Search Results', 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', credit card number and/or shipping or billing address. 'id': '5006160', At Micro Center, our goal is to always be deeply pa Ask the Community Ask a question Got a question about Micro Center? I would had sent that sucker back and got a refund if I had of checked the board when I first got instead of more than a month later. $179.99 new It's not worth the 30 dollars savings. 3 yr. ago 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', Micro Center - Cart I have bought a couple of open box items and never had a problem with them. How reliable are open box cases from a microcenter? - Quora 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', 'position': 7 Microcenter CPU/Mobo Combo Policy With Open Box Boards Lastly if I know Im going to keep it long term often I buy the 2 year protection on the mobo so now Ive got 2 years to return it. 'price': '327.98', MC is good about accepting back open box items that don't work. MicroCenter generally will sell you the two or three year replacement plan on open box, refurbished, or even open box refurbished items if you want to save a little less but have more peace of mind. 'price': '579.98', Get 5% off INSTANTLY in-store upon approval and, as a cardholder, access exclusive offers with theMicro Center Insider Credit Card. When an item is limited, the number of items youll be able to purchase cannot exceed 'category': 'Desktop Computer Combos|784', We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Do you mean that your Maximus wasn't tested? 'id': '5005866', 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', { 'list': 'Search Results', Manufacturer warranty still applied. yeah I'm definitely not buying until I have all the other parts, so it's ready to use as soon as I get it :) thanks for your help. The discount off new was large enough to give it a try. 'price': '1,049.98', They do have a pretty great return policy. Press J to jump to the feed. 'name': 'Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690-P Prime WiFi DDR5, CPU / Motherboard Combo', Search the Micro Center Job Access site to review our latest Openings. 'price': '297.98', I know every experience and every open box varies and its completely dependent on your luck. 'price': '849.98', But it says NO WARRANTY ? Please select a store below: Shippable Items Store Locator: Fairfax 164.4 mi Shop Store Rockville 179.3 mi Shop Store Hello, Sign in Cart: Cart & Lists Products Top Deals PC Parts Well, I am also worried about damage and the Amazon employees don't know how to notice that, perhaps? Microcenter Open Box Experiences? Buying open box is like gambling or playing the silicon lottery with dings and scratches. JavaScript is disabled. Hi, guys - feel free to reply - I didn't know who to ask or reply to. 'category': 'Motherboard/CPU Combos|774', I bought an open box 280x years ago, worked fine & still using it. 'brand': '', Ive gotten many CPU/board combos from Microcenter over the past few years, and everytime I asked about getting the discount with an open box mobo and was told no. Work with the latest in computer and digital technology. We're frequently able to offer you amazing deals - but in limited quantities. I then tried to contact LianLi but they wouldn't help by saying open box items are not covered by warranty which is quite different than what Micro Center's statement on the issue. We're your trusted local service and repair professionals. Open box could mean they ran the shit out of it Nd then returned it. If you can take a look at make sure it's in decent shape, I've had good luck with open box boards in the before times at Fry's, would save a couple bucks if I could; my first one was an ECS board that was rather unstable out of the box, but a BIOS update cleaned things up and it was solid. 'id': '5006256', The warranty and return date basically make it risk free. 'price': '729.98', The replacement plans refund you the money you paid for the item. 'name': 'Intel Core i5-12600K, ASUS Z690-P Prime DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo', Thoughts? But otoh, I'm certain that a bad PSU I bought from Microcenter was a previous return they just threw back on the shelf without testing first, so be sure to use it as soon as you can after buying. Came in a white box with no. 'position': 15 They were all in pristine condition. 'category': 'Laptop Computer Combos|782', In other words, the original purchaser "opened the box," then changed his mind and returned the item to the store. },{ If the stated limit is exceeded, your order will be adjusted or cancelled so that all Open Box Products | Micro Center They always allowed me to open a board up at the pickup counter before paying. Thanks for your input! Thanks for the comments. Should've been marked that way KingFelixishere 6 yr. ago Frys I heard is the worst with this too. 'list': 'Search Results', 'brand': '', 'id': '5006234', My question: Is it worth the risk? Missing part in an open box item Micro Center Bring them to any of the 25 Micro Center retail locations.
Stanford Color Covid Testing Locations, Virtual Coaching Jobs, Life Quotes In Urdu 2 Lines, Articles M