Guy said she "clipped the corner" of a snowbank, which likely turned the car around and sent it into the ditch. I just was struck by the similarities while watching. Maura crashed her car into trees and a snowbank 140 miles away from her university . If the stains were on the passenger side door I would be a little more puzzled. It is all these questions that make her case so interesting and leave so many other unanswered questions. He told authorities that Murray seemed to be somewhat disoriented. Extensive investigation by local and state law enforcement in the years since have turned up scant information about what may have happened to her. As stated on her arrest record, she used the cards "to make purchases at restaurants and stores in town." Mauras cell phone records show that her cell phone last pinged off a cell tower in Londonberry, NH which has a 22 mile radius. I think when it comes to the question of what direction Maura Murray was driving you might have something there. So much speculation has run amuck, that fiction is over shadowing fact. The mysterious case has been the theme of at least one book and several podcasts, including "Missing Maura Murray," as well as "The Disappearance of Maura Murray, a docuseries that aired on Oxygen in 2017. Source: Twitter/MauraMurraydoc / New Hampshire League of Investigators. Maura Murray is Missing reports Atwood placed the call at 7:42 p.m. Shortly after the accident on February 9, a witness claimed to have seen Maura walking several miles from the crash site. We only haunt the willing. mauramurraymissing .org. Dudeyouve gone cactus. University of Massachusetts-Amherst student Maura Murray vanished after her car skidded on a snowy road in . On Monday, February 9, 2004, at approximately 7:30 p.m., a black-colored Saturn 4-door sedan vehicle, belonging to 21-year-old Maura Murray, traveled off Route 112 in Haverhill, New Hampshire, and . Maura Murray is Missing reports police found a box of red wine on the floor in the back seat. dig deeper According to KingCast, in his affidavit, Landry stated as follows: A representative from Sprint Corporate Security advised [me] that during the late afternoon hours of February 9, 2004 an outgoing telephone call was made to Murray from the Londonderry, NH Sprint tower. HAVERHILL, N.H. (AP) - A tree that was used as a memorial to a 21-year-old nursing student who disappeared after a 2004 car crash in New Hampshire has been cut down. Faith Westman reported a car accident near her home on February 9, 2004. 2013 (all pictures taken by me) 2019 (video by me) Maura Murray 2019 Share Watch on 2019 (all pictures taken by me) My profile pic 2020 (all pictures taken by me) Why would you not put extra pairs of underwear ? There was one other thing that I wanted to bring up. How is she going to get there after the accident without a car? Even worse, since her family thought she was at school and her friends believed she was taking time off for a family emergency, she knew people would not immediately realize she was missing. (LogOut/ Maura Murray disappeared in 2004 after crashing her car in New Hampshire. Whereas Rte 112 is a road to nowhere. Watch The Disappearance of Maura Murray, Season 1 | Prime Video Didnt a witness say several cars pass by none of those cars saw anything? If she was murdered it could be as simple as the bus driver removing her from the car or her going to his bus or house. He has done nothing but, drag Mauras Reputation through the mud and torture her poor father. Whatever happened the car would swing around clockwise to face the direction it was found in. I think there are two versions of this accident. She was a highly accomplished individual, and if she is on the lamb, you would have to give it to her. There would surely have been reception there? According to Mauras friend, Liz, Maura would not just up and change her plans. She did not even call anyone when she was idle for 45 minutes. Could that call have come from KM and TC coming up I- 93 out of Boston in a Red Truck with Massachusetts license plate ? She also searched for the effects of drinking alcohol on an unborn child. . The irony is that such a complicated run away plan makes me think she was kidnapped and murdered. At this point, he simply wants to know "what happened" to Maura and "who did it.". None of her friends, family, or teachers have any idea where she was going or why she was taking a sudden break from school. Although it has been 17 years since Maura Murray vanished, authorities have never found a trace of the missing woman, and her disappearance remains unsolved. I cant recall the specifics; but I used to be fascinated with improving my ranking, etc. Brianna Alexandria Maitland - The Charley Project He stated that she could not have done so; she definitely impacted by the trees near her ribbon. In fact, it seems patently obvious that she would have gone that route, assuming, of course, that snow would not have been an obstacle. There is only one thing she cannot do ahead of time and that is put the rag in the tailpipe. What if her plan was to drive to Canada? As reported by WCAX, the remains have not been thoroughly examined as of this article's publication. future radar florida cessna 172 for sale south carolina; bypassed roblox clothing groups todays daily mass from loretto abbey in toronto ontario; radar loop gympie islam book; walmart womens rings New Hampshire unsolved case: Maura Murray missing since 2004 Finally you have the statement from the Westmans. The Terrifying Car Crash That Inspired a . The driver was a smoker. GPS says to take Fairlee vt Exit to go to woodsville NH ( exit prior to Wells river) and it is approx 12 miles south. But human remains were recently discovered in. However,WCVB reports authorities never found any tracks or footprints leading into the woods. Therefore, only 1 person was in the car. Then she would put the rag in the tailpipe and there might be traces of corn starch/talcum powder on the rag. This new iteration is fine-tuned. If you take into account that she was on probabtion so to speak with her recent troubles and had been drinking and driving and got into two accidents she may have fled the scence to avoid police and could have gotten lost somewhere in the woods. Julie's and Maura's brother, Kurtis, held a virtual candlelight vigil Tuesday at 7: . In an interview with WCVB, Murray said the police were initially on the scene for fewer than two hours. were discovered just a little more than 20 miles away from where the 21-year-old crashed her car into a tree on Feb. 9, 2004; she had left her dorm in Amherst for a reason that is still unknown. Where in the car did they find it? Maura Murray, a 21 year-old nursing student at the University of Massachusetts, disappeared on February 9, 2004 after sending out an e-mail to professors and work supervisors that she was taking a week off due to a family emergency. At 7:27 that same evening, authorities in Haverhill, New Hampshire, received a call from Faith Westman who reported a vehicle crashed in a ditch outside her home. As Freleng states on the GoFundMe, "Someone knows something." The writer James Renner took some interesting pictures of the car and some of those pictures were of the stains on the door. Posted on June 7, 2022June 7, 2022 by jamesrenner. Didnt Fred say he told maura to put the rag in there to stop the smoke? Our newsletter keeps our core readers connected. Almost like they were looking for someone. So she used the rag in the exhaust as a last resort method to get the car started. Update: The Disappearance of Maura Murray - What Happened To Maura 2010 The Thought & Expression Company, LLC. Why would anyone who is fearing a DUI stick around to do something like that? Boston 25 News facebook feed(Opens a new window), Boston 25 News twitter feed(Opens a new window), Boston 25 News youtube feed(Opens a new window), School administrators: Create a closings account, Family of missing UMass Amherst Student Maura Murray seeks permanent marker, Town-by-town totals: These Mass. A school bus driver who lived near the crash site told police he offered to help Maura, but she said she didn't want help. I was thinking- Why would anyone drive a road like this especially at night without a destination planned /reserved? In response, he and Mrs. Westman went to the kitchen, which is in the smaller section of the house. (LogOut/ There were not any footprints in the snow despite all the searchers. byTheRealFinn, The Attorney Generals Objection to my suit (withaffidavits). The Disappearance of Maura Murray - E! Online However, she was not ticketed or charged in the incident. New: What we know about the phone number found inside Maura's Car Maybe someone picked her up, then drove her a distance before murdering her? If anyone has information regarding Maura Murray's disappearance or whereabouts, the New Hampshire Division of State Police can be reached at (800) 852-3411 or (603) 846-3333 or by e-mail at missingpersons@safety.state.nh.us. I think if you took the car and put it in the same spot and put the witnesses to the accident in the same spot and turned on the interior light of the car, how many of them would be able to see that? The red light seen by Mr Westman? If my swim coach disappeared tomorrow, did I kill him because I got a C on that exam? Tree marking site where missing UMass student disappeared cut down. Jim Cole/AP, FILE Fifteen years after she vanished, a new search in the Maura . The number one person i thought murdered her and still do is bus driver. Maybe she was following someone infront of her on her way to where she was going . The sad thing about this case is that there are other individuals who have disappeared and not been heard from again, but does that mean they all came up with brilliant plans or is it that they really have disappeared because they are dead. Then one night in 2004 she crashed a car and was never seen again. Maura Murray's family is anxiously waiting to hear back from New Hampshire State Police about human bone fragments found recently on Loon Mountain. Maura Murray is Missing reports Atwood placed the call at 7:42 p.m. Do not buy this book! I think he has gone down a rabbit hole maybe from drugs. Author James Renner, who wrote a book about Murray's case, suspects she may used an underground system to leave the country and is likely living in Canada. Chance encounters do happen, and its possible Mauras story is similar to the fictional Sawyers in that they were young women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If nothing is on that rag could the airbags have gone off on days before the Weathered Barn ? Of note was my conversation with Mr. Westman, which I will describe here. If you cued up the videotape from the store purchase, did the clerk hand the receipt to Maura or did the clerk put it in one of the bags? As reported by Maura Murray is Missing, the policealso noted Murray had no cell phone or bank activity following the time of the crash, including the call she told Atwood she made to AAA. She was a very intelligent woman who got into West Point so it is interesting to try to think how she might have thought. Last week's FBI alert in Maura Murray case came at request of NH Chuck West of the New Hampshire's Cold Case Unit told Oxygen that because the sample from the wood chips is so degraded, it would be impossible for them to identify if it belonged to Murray.West confirmed that they are going to re-examine the case and . Funny you say that I read somewhere there was NO underwear found in her overnight bags in her car. Maura Murray's Crash Site 4 Replies Here is a compilation of photos from throughout the years that I was involved with the case. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The bone fragments were discovered just a little more than 20 miles away from where the 21-year-old crashed her car into a tree on Feb. 9, 2004; she had left her dorm in Amherst for a reason that is still unknown.
A Certain Fansubbers Index, Martha Thomas Obituary 2021, Tummy Tuck Tattoos Before And After, Articles M