One of those areas can be sealed up to stop the leak. But, you know whats not great? I have a Hayward SP2607x10 pump with a Hayward C48k2n143B1 self priming super pump. Usually get 3-4x that long. The pump has power, turns on, and seals are tight, however it will not cycle the water. Could be a problem with the centrifugal switch, located dead center on the rear of the motor, or the stationary switch, located beneath it, and contacting each other in the center. You can also pressurize the suction lines using a Drain King, connected to a garden hose and inserted at the skimmer, with a plug inside of the pump on the incoming pipe, or setting the multiport valve on closed. It may have also tripped. Pump is 4yrs old. Superpump lid gaskets are a square cut gasket that can come out of the groove easily, be sure it is seated properly, and lube it with Teflon pool lube regularly. You are using an out of date browser. Also installed a brand new circuit box to allow for the bigger pump its a 20A GFCI breaker with 12 gauge wire going to the pump. A click on the outlet you say? Step 2: Verify the accuracy of the salt readings (2700-3400 ppm) with an independent test kit or by taking a water sample to your local pool store for testing. Can you manually get it to rev-up on a higher speed? Shouldnt be having a problem so soon, no but it can happen, but more likely to not be the shaft seal, but the exit pipe, or a leak around the impeller housing, check the bolts around the pump, to be sure they are tight. Any thoughts? "mainEntityOfPage": "https://blog.intheswim.com/hayward-pool-pump-troubleshooting/",
Tim, all I can think of is maybe the pump is not self-priming pump? Third, is that breakers sometimes dont last forever, and can be go bad, usually after 20-30 yrs tho. Thinking its the compressor or really dont know at this point. I think you need two timers, usually, unless it can deliver 240 to the filter pump and 120 to the booster, at the same time. Not the power leads, but other connecting wires from the terminal board to the switch, to the cap? If the motor shaft wont turn, you can work it loose by spinning the shaft with pliers on the front end of the shaft, or a 7/16 wrench on the back end of the shaft. Tried recalibration and no change. Or to a light switch and then to a breaker, that would be more of a standard installation. Hi William, yes an air leak, is what I call it. Use the [7/16] wrench to wiggle the shaft through several revolutionsto free up the shaft. Hi Michael, that could be a bad or weak capacitor, or a loose wire to the pump motor or to the outlet, or a bad power cord. Seems like filter is dirty , so I bumped it several times (once with motor on to really force water through) that usually does it. Is that a result of all the water that got in the equipment during the storm? Ran fine as long as I didnt turn it off. Reinstalled Same problem recycled power. Hi Brian, is this a DE filter? What do I need to do to fix this? Motors that are reversible always ship from the factory at 230V, and need to be manually switched to accept 115V. When I try to start it the motor sounds like it tries to turn but doesnt and I get a pump stalled error. Please remove additional products. The plastic shroud or cover over the impeller? Pump should be OK, I would think. I have an inground salt water pool with a spa and my flow rate was low so I cleaned out everything and replaced the filters and now the flow rate seems good with one problem. Didnt I switched it off properly? Filter. hayward blue essence troubleshooting . Second thought is are the pipes plumbed into the valve correct? Seal up the air leak in the front of the pump, then bleed off all the air in the filter tank, and the bubbling should cease. Hi Jim, check the wire connections, and the voltage coming into the motor. Please let me know what can be done if anything we may be calling for info. I came back after going out and my older Hayward pump was off. On the Swim Pro filters, check the two lock nuts under the lid, which secure the pressure gauge and air assembly, and be sure the filter is seated firmly into the base. Hi, Finally, in cases of very hard water, some of your sand bed may have calcified, and need to be replaced. Hi, my above ground pool pump will run when not attached to the pool and there is no water in it, but when I get it hooked up to the pool and let the hoses and pump fill, it no longer turns on. Check all connections, circuit breakers, and fuses. They disappear when the pump is at a high speed. I have a Hayward 1.65 variable speed pump it is on a timer for high and low. Any suggestions what it could be. The pump will always start in high speed, and stay in high speed for a few minutes after starting, to ensure full prime. When I turn on my pump it runs normal for 5 seconds thank it winds down then reverts back to normal speed. Electrical hooked up by electrician help!! Also will need to have clean pump basket and a clean pool filter, to ensure adequate flow rates. Or a stuck skimmer weir. If you program an incorrect cell size, the salt level, amperage, and voltage will not be correct and the system will turn off. I keep reading that it could be a seal. If that does not fix the issue, the problem goes deeper, and it may be a fatal error in the motor. If it is not, re-align your flow switch. Hi Thomas, the fitting that goes into the pump, was it also replaced? Still nothing. The board wasnt showing anything. Now there is no water running from the pool to the motor basket. "@type": "ImageObject",
Hi LInda, humming or buzzing, and not starting could be a few things first check that the shaft is spinning, either by spinning on the impeller end, or at the rear of the motor (power Off in both cases), to be sure the shaft is not bound up or seized. All the readings (salt level, amps, etc) are in the correct range. You could also use a Hayward 24 sand filter, item E3324. Sounds like you might have enough good parts to put together one good pump! Hi Ron, I assume you have had the system for some time, an its just now giving trouble? Hi, we had very heavy rain the other night and Im quite sure the rain at least briefly submerged the Hayward 2300 Variable speed pump I have. "description": "Hayward Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide - how to step by step approach to determining if the water supply, gas supply, electrical supply or a component of the heater is causing the issue. 3200 ppm is the ideal level. Just to let you know, the pump is in a well ventilated shed with nothing else around it. No lubricant is needed for spider gaskets. I removed the capacitor and had it tested at a local pool store and they told me it was fine. Step 3: Ensure that there isnt anything obstructing or blocking the flow. Remove the 6 bolts that hold the seal plate to the pump housing We have a c48l2n134b3 pump. When the problem is after the pump impeller, like a clogged filter, closed return valve or clogged return line, the pressure will be higher than normal. Any idea what the next most likely culprit could be? 2 yrs is unusual for bearings to go. You may give Hayward a call, and ask their tech support directly. If I wait for a few minutes after that, the pump starts up again at full speed. I just had a pool built for me. Be sure that bare wires are not touching other bare wires or terminals, or other metals. Some times it has overheated, it did re start, but I want to make sure that the motor is supposed to run continuously. Thanks for the schema!! Pump making loud grinding noise, any solutions. from Hi Carl, check for an air leak in front of the pump on the suction manifold, or around the pump lid, or on around the threads of the fitting that screws into the pump. If flushing and draining does not help, it is time to open up the filter tank, remove the grid assy (or flex tube nest), and after cleaning very well with a hose, soak it in a DE filter cleaner solution (5-gal bucket works well for Perflex). The cap is located at 9 oclock in the rear of the motor, when they go bad, they sometimes bulge or crack, or turn brown or smell strongly of burnt wires They are cheap to replace, worth a shot, replace with identical MFD number. Something is very loose, or missing, or clamp band threads may be damaged, please be careful people have been fatally injured by pool filter tops popping off under pressure! Make sure there is no water in the conduit from the timer to the pump, and breaker to timer. Could be one of these. It is a Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP (model #SP2610X15). This advanced blue media lasts for the life of the cartridge to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the pleated fabric that can foul and weaken a cartridge. Hi Davy! At first, the pump would only hum and not work. , I have a 1 hp Hayward 2 speed motor. If communication between the ignition board and the display board is not established within 3 s of power-up an error will be displayed. Just replaced the upper lid on my Vari-flow and spider gasket, also changed out 300 lbs filter sand. please update your current version of Internet Explorer or try using a different browser. The HS (High Sense (water temperature) will appear if the water sensor is reading above 105 OR if the sensor detects an increase of more than 6 with-in 60 seconds. the motor makes humming sound but nothing happened, then the motor became burning hot. We believe it needs a new seal. Maybe does a quarter of a turn. What am I doing wrong?? If it an older installation, I would again check the water chemistry to make sure it is balanced correctly. If theres no power at the switch/timer, go back further to the breaker. If there's one thing for certain about pool equipment, is that they will all break down at some point in time. It could also be something wrong with the motor, something internal with the windings, or shaft, or bearings, causing excess heat. I took the lid of the pump basket and cleaned the seal and placed it back on tightly, but there are small bubbles still coming out of the pool jets. Hayward, Create a Pool Owner hI, the impeller ring should go small side toward the impeller, they are often marked as such. Hi Mark, hard to say if it does not display any error code, the caution symbol on a Hayward Heater is usually accompanied by an error code, LO being the most common, for low water flow. So, it either needs a new motor, or new internal parts, or possibly a whole new pump. Just started getting a No Flow error. BLUE WORKS PCB Main Circuit Board Compatible with Hayward Goldline GLX-PCB-Main System Board Visit the BLUE WORKS Store 193 ratings $16999 FREE Returns Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. Enzyme treatment to the pool can remove oils (if the sand seems oily), and Stain & Scale chemicals can tie up minerals like calcium (if the sand seems crusty). Any thoughts? Copyright 2022 In The Swim. So yes it could be the filter, very clogged and in need of a deep cleaning, but probably not a filter mechanical issue. Weve had our Hayward for four years now never had any problems.tonight my husband vacuumed the pool then back washed it. Hi, could be that the capacitor has worn out. How to Reset Inspect Cell Light - Hayward POOLSIDE Blog Hi probably not related to the vacuuming, but sounds like a motor problem. On the return side, after the heater, the return valve should also move, with Spa Jets fully open and pool returns fully closed. Good luck! Normally when the device is turned off and we do get the lid off, water runs back into the basket from the filter, it almost sounds like its creating almost a vapor lock, like in an engine. Hola tengo una caldera Hayward H400 PED2 durante el intento de encendido no enciende m caldera despus de 5 intentos me pone lF en la pantalla. Could also be a vibration noise, or rocks/pebbles in the pump basket. Step 4: Verify your pumps pressure. Or you may have an Air Leak in front of the pump, on the pump lid or the pipe coming into the pump usually. Excessive voltage or amps can cause the problem. Not that the motor shuts off So, to backwash, you are shutting off the pump, turning the multiport valve to backwash, turning the pump on, but water does not flow out of the waste line? Hi, motors run about 140 F when running, so they are always hot to the touch. Hi Tammy, could be many things. I would recommend getting a plug-in timeclock so you dont need to plug/unplug it all the time. If thats not the problem, try soaking the fingers again, with a stronger solution, and/or leaving them soaking longer. Air leaks are another source of priming issues. Could also be a clog in the pipe. My pool is running, with water flow. It could also be the wiring from breaker to timer, or timer to pump, or just breaker to pump, if there is no timer or other switch (and if there is no other switch, the breaker is likely just worn out from overuse). It could also be a loose switch in the back of the motor. The rooms are equipped with a [] | Egypt Travel & Tourism Agency. Manually spinning the shaft can break the rust bonds. All Rights Reserved. Push the diagnostic button until T-XX appears on the display. Now when my sweeper comes on my waterfall feature from my spa does not turn off like it should and my sweeper moves slowly and in circles. However after shutting it manually, the pump wouldnt start again. There was a slight drip coming from a fitting, that I tightened. However it is not generating enough chlorine and we are adding chlorine more than we should. 25 LibriVox About. Got another one, it too is doing the same thing. We are getting a reading o the remote stating chlorinator is turned off High Temperature. This is a black cylinder located in the back of the motor, at 9 oclock, which acts as a battery to give the motor extra juice to start. Remember also with DE powder, it is half-weight of other dry measure, so if instructions say 5 lbs of DE powder, thats not 10 8-oz cups of dry measure (kitchen measure), its actually double that, or 10 lbs, if you were using a 1-cup measure. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: cd77petanque.com Comit de seine et marne de ptanque '' ''' - -- --- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- In a Quirked world where most people have a superpower-like uniqueness to them, His is among the most dangerous. We only use the pump in the summer months, since we live in Canada. Capacitors are cheap to replace, order the exact MFD number, printed on it, or you can pick up local at a motor shop. The water does not flow when the pump is turned on. Air can also enter through split vac hoses, but since yours is new Third problem could be if the new pump moves much more water than the old pump (not all horsepower pumps are the same 2 different pumps of the same hp, can produce vastly different flow rates. It can also be a bad outlet, and if older than 20 yrs, it could be the breaker too. "@type": "BlogPosting",
I believe I checked everything and hoping its just the electric cord and the fact that it is corroded and loose and likely loosing electric current after it gets heated up a bit. Hi Davy, 6. Hi Paul, Ants can be a problem, when they get around motors or circuit boards, but it sounds like a pump motor problem, and could simply be a weak capacitor, in the rear of the motor (black cylinder). Hi Carlos, sounds normal. If dead, you can replace just the motor and shaft seal, re-using the pump and impeller. The instant salinity in both polarities should be about the same (+/- about 200 ppm). It happens every time. 1.5 hayward pool pump motor clicks on and off rapidy. Is there a thicker housing oring that could be installed to fix the leak? The pilot lights, but when I try to jump test the gas valve it clicks and snuffs out the pilot light. Remove blockage and backwash your filter. Hi, I have a Hayward pump and it was running my barracuda g3 just fine but it stopped hours later. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. Roger, I call that surging, when the pump catches prime, loses prime, catches again it can be a stuck skimmer weir or a pool noodle blocking water flow into the skimmer.
Old Norwich Union Pension, Articles H