Learn More. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 1 Single-coil Pickup, 1 Humbucking Pickup, and Vintage-style Tremolo - Fiesta Red, Or we have a demo model Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang, Rosewood Fingerboard, Sonic Blue available in Thomsun Music Stores in UAE or online. Fender Jag-Stang. From our online Guitar Gallery that allows you to see and select the exact instrument you want to our 55-point Inspection process and our in-house guitar techs, we take the guesswork out of buying your next guitar online. Using a Tune o Matic type bridge on a Jag or Jazzmaster is just WRONG for a number of reasons ! This should not be messed with. Try Searching a different location below or contact fender customer service at 800-856-9801. Routing available for Mustang style bodies. This way if by any chance I get inspired of diving the tremolo, or pulling it to go sharp, I just push the bridge back until it stops and the tuning is very close to perfect. The Jag-Stang is equipped with a powerful pair of pickups to handle the high-octane demands of its inspiration, and Sweetwater guitarists can attest: this rock-solid 6-string is contagious. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in . The most obvious is by bowed or humped neck. Please try again later - we are experiencing technical difficulties. Fender 0141030372 Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang - Sonic Blue Our Sales Engineers are a world-class team of music gear experts whose sole job is to provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Remember a good set-up with attention to the Jaguars details will be the best way of getting the most out of this outstanding guitar. But like the bridge pickup, it also feels responsive to guitar volume and tone adjustments. My originals made-in-Japan neck has a little more roll at the edge of the vintage-correct 7.25" fretboard. The grooves are too shallow to effectively hold the strings in place. This will increase the strings angle of incidence into the bridge and eliminates skipping and buzzing. True to Kurt's guitar style, both pickups in the Jag-Stang were custom crafted to deliver everything from in-your-face aggression to crystal cleans with ease. It doesnt take deep analysis of Kurt Cobains lyrics, journals, and visual art to glean that he was, in many ways, a fluid and impulsive artistone that reveled in riding waves of free-association and stoking musical and poetic conflagrations from sparks of incidental information and observation. [5] Dylan Borkowski of alternative group Sixth In Line uses a partially disassembled red Jag-Stang. True to Kurt's guitar style, both pickups in the Jag-Stang were custom crafted to deliver everything from in-your-face aggression to crystal cleans with ease. Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana's seminal record "Nevermind," this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt's ideal instrument. I bought my second hand Jag-Stang because I play Jaguars and liked the idea of a humbucker in a 24"-scale guitar. Kurt Cobain was a huge fan of the Tune-o-matic. He stated to Nardwuar the Human Serviette that he designed it by taking a Polaroid of a Mustang and a Jaguar, cutting them in half and pasting them together. Your rig is unique. Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Required fields are marked *. He can be seen playing it (modified for right-handed playing) in the "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" Copyright 1997-2023 Jag-Stang.com. Trust me it really works. This means that some strings will be higher off the fretboard and others will be lower. these should be repaired by a qualified tech or repairman. Kurt probally fell in love with the Tune-o-matic around 91 right after he bought his 65 Fender Jaguar. No Hassle Return Policy In an interview from January 4, 1994, Cobain talked about designing the Jag-Stang, since it had not yet been produced. Bridge: Jag-Stang Humbucking PICKUP SWITCHING: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches CONTROLS: Master Volume, Master Tone CONTROL KNOBS: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome STRINGS: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges) PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early 90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal. It was intended as a hybrid of two Fender electric guitars models: the Jaguar and the Mustang. Which required you to slacken the strings a great deal then lift the bridge upward to turn the thumbwheel to your desire height. The Tune-o-matics have shallow string slots on the saddles. . The metal pot that is directly next to the control plate cavity will have a wire solder to the bottom of it. Kurt was the first to receive and play the guitar, which also featured a mimic of his favorite guitar neck. Traditional Fender neck woods that deliver clarity and warmth with a vintage-style radius that is extra comfortable for chording. Fender threw a custom Jag-Stang humbucker in the bridge, which pumps out waves of crunchy, full-bodied tone that recall the seminal '90s music scene. These screws require a 0.5 mm hex key. Instructions for setting intonation are in the setup guide. Everything we do is focused on delivering the best possible service and experience to you. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! He played it live, alternating it with his more frequently played Sonic Blue Mustang. If you were one of the millions of obsessive Nirvana fans who frequently spun Nevermind and couldn't get enough of the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video, then you are very familiar with Kurt Cobain's favorite Fender Jaguar and Mustang guitars. Phone 517-351-7007. Proposed by Kurt Cobain, using cut-up polaroid pictures of a Fender Jaguar and a Fender Mustang, annotated, prototyped, adapted, and then sent out on the road with Kurt, in Sonic Blue finish, in the year of his death. Kurt Cobain is the one who recommended the idea to Fender, picking up the "Jag-Stang." Don't get just any guitar or bass get yours. Kurts guitar tech installed it on just about all his guitars after 91. Please try again later - we are experiencing technical difficulties. Fender Jag-Stang played through black-panel Fender Tremolux and Universal Audio OX using tweed Deluxe-style cabinet emulation. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! Kurts older Jaguar was already pretty heavily modded and he liked it pretty much the way it was. Make room for new gear in minutes. The flip side is that it can be easily installed on your guitar with little modification. Add your jag-stangs info to The Registry. Good Playing, Yes please do send a pic, Im a lefty having a Jag built by a luthier in Tennessee, Id like to keep some original parts, so I thought I could use just the baseplate from the Jaguar and have my builder put either a stop pice in or continue with the Gibson bridge $1,195.00. We photograph every serial number - allowing you to pick the perfect finish, weight, and woodgrain. The Fender Mu-uar: part Mustang, part Jaguar. My dreams of a short-scale that could dish Peter Green tones were dashed pretty quickly. Its a bit more inclined toward overdrive than a vintage-voiced Fender single-coil, and at times feels less dynamically responsive and nuanced. Replace, Repair and RestoreGenuine Fender Parts Complete chrome-plated bridge assembly for use on Classic series '65 Mustang and Jag-Stang guitar models manufactured from 2006-present. Cobain also admired (and collaborated with) author, poet, and visual artist William S. Burroughs, whose embrace of cut-up technique, a collagist approach to writing and language, informed his most famous work, the novel Naked Lunch. Don't get just any guitar or bass get yours. Certified luthier, Thank you for your request. Dont see your country listed above? The most common bridge modification is to replace the bridge with a tune-o-matic bridge. Its also more responsive to guitar volume and tone attenuation, which means you can add a touch of PAF-like wooliness and explore more nooks and crannies in the EQ curve. The Tune-o-matics require a straight humbucker route in order to acheive 100% accurate string and pickup polepeice alignment. Before it even leaves our building, have our pros modify your new guitar or bass exactly to your liking. Buying music gear can be complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is here to help. Phone Hours | The end product was a quirky instrument. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department. [4] Dallon Weekes of Panic! Kurt designed the guitar with a sharper top horn, like a Mustang, and an extended lower bout, like a Jaguar. In spite of the compact feel, the neck still has 22 frets. The new Jag-Stangs bridge pickup, however, sounds and feels slightly but significantly improved. Reviews (4) Featured Listing . Are you are a current or former jag-stang owner? Flip over to the single-coil in the neck position, and you'll instantly bask in creamy, chimey cleans reminiscent of a Strat or a Tele. But in more straight-ahead applications, the Jag-Stang always left me contemplating a laundry list of modifications I would enjoy to make it warmer and more stable. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. Featuring an Original Floyd Rose Tremolo system, stainless-steel frets and eye-catching custom colors with matching painted headcaps, the American Ultra Luxe Telecaster Floyd Rose HH is Ultra - elevated. Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Be the first to know about new products, featured content, exclusive offers and giveaways. Its alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard offer professional-level performance for all players; the 24-inch short scale reduces string tension for easier playing, with a 7.25-inch radius fingerboard for comfy chording from head to heel. The only remedy is to file the saddle to match the 7 1/4 radius which is next to impossible to match. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at I tapped new threads into the two holes of the bridge post adjustment access holes; then I went to ACE HW and bought a pair of tiny aluminum bushings whose combined diameters would keep the saddles snug against one another. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: Shipping Region: By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. But the radius of curvature is for a 12 fretboard while the Jaguars is 7.25. Actually I just measured the string height from the saddles plate on both bridges and they are identical. This Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang electric guitar from Fender commemorates the 30th anniversary of Nirvana's seminal record Nevermind. Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang | Electric Guitars - Fender *Excludes Brand New, B Stock, Fair, Poor, and Non-functioning. If the strings buzz from the 8th fret on the neck is most probably bowed. I understand that my information will be shared with the dealer and may be used by the dealer to facilitate this contact. No Hassle Return Policy. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993. View our full range of buying options, all in one place, Prices reflect sales of items in used condition*. Place a very little amount on the tip of the screw and place it in the hole. . This particular guitar comes from the first full year of production, also the 50th anniversary of Fender, with a small commemorative badge on the back of the headstock. In fact, they are plain to see in the Fender he helped design, the Jag-Stang. Finish Style: Gloss. Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Left-Hand | Electric Guitars - Fender Buy Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang - Fiesta Red Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Instrument Cable, Strings, Picks, Capo, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD: Solid Body .
Richard Beckinsale Funeral, Deer Shooting Hat Catcher In The Rye, Articles F