Thanks for your comments. There's the DIFFERENCE. Little did I know that in answering *APRATA's* question, I would ignite such a hotbed of protest. I try to be as discrete as possible, tend to palm the tip and pass it in a hand shake. This is equivalent to $129.00 dollars of their currency (1=129). 40th B-day Vacation - Review of Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? I have not heard from *aprata* so perhaps they agree with you. We are quite naive tippers, so maybe we do over tip (sorry) but when the service is so good and friendly we feel it's deserved. Dye designed this magnificent place . just because we're told that gratuities are "included" it doesn't mean that the employee gets any of what we pay-it just means the resort says you don't have to give them anything. If you don't want to tip that's fine--and believe me there are a lot more people who don't tip at all than people who do. Budget accommodations for solo mature female traveler? The difference is this - Go to an AI and tipping is included or as we say the gratuity is automatically paid at the time of booking. In parts of the USA tipping must be much more common. Dont forget to tip the bellboys. Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Message Board - Tripadvisor Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Riviera Maya, Iberostar Grand Paraiso All If you don't want to tip that's fine--and believe me there are a lot more people who don't tip at all than people who do. Although it is not necessary to tip they do appreciate it and I feel good service should be recognised. All tips are very appreciated and dont forget your omelette maker. As a travel agent, I have read your question and was concerned at the responses you were getting. tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso 15 years ago Save We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. Iberostar Grand Parisio is the best hotel we have ever experienced No one will tell me not to tip though. In addition, the ala carte waiters were usually very good and I'd tip them $5 per meal. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Thank you for any help! Again!!! tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Forum This thread is almost as good and controversial as the tipping threads on cruisecritic.com!!!! we did tip a lot, mister taylor we are 44444. so i hope youwill have a great holid relaxxxxxx. Playa Paraso is an extraordinary place where you will find lush jungle vegetation and some of the world's most famous archaeological sites. However, when your gratuity is included at a resort then why do you also feel it is necessary to pay several dollars each time a service is rendered? tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Message Board Thank you for any help! Answer 41 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. taxi from cancun airport to iberostar lindo? You're sharing your opinions and others are doing the same. Who told you that the employees do not get compensated in an *all inclusive* resort? Iberostar Paraiso Beach Review: What To REALLY Expect If You Stay If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. AKUMAL BAY: How do I get there? They made that very clear to us from the start (an employee could get fired for accepting a tip). If you still feel the need to do this, please, please do it DISCREETLY. Dont forget to tip the bellboys. tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso 15 years ago Save We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. How can you say the difference is just cheap, cheap, cheap? Iberostar Grand - Playa Paraiso Message Board - Tripadvisor You should not have to pay extra for good service at such an expensive resort. Thank you very much, that is very helpful! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The purpose being that these comments may benefit them in additional gratuities. You can be "number 4" or any other number you choose. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Thank you for any help! Pari dice re invented - Review of Iberostar Grand Paraiso aprata - When are you going? I was just there and noticed that many people did tip regularly. any advice would be. Excellence Riviera Cancun, Difference between Iberostar Paraiso Lindo vs Maya. Thank you for any help! There are some resorts where the acceptance of the tips are grounds for being fired. I also made up the cards (business card blanks) that just say Gracias which I leave with the tips. Snoebel, that's right-I almost forgot, at Sandals they reward their staff with gifts. Maybe you could cut him a little slack. How do I know they don't really make a ton of money as opposed to what they say they get? For me personally, at breakfast at lunch buffet: $1-2 breakfast but only if the coffee keeps coming and they get my juice. Riviera Maya Playa del Carmen Playa Paraiso Playa Paraiso Hotels Iberostar Grand Paraiso 9,267 reviews #1 of 6 all-inclusives in Playa Paraiso Save Share Avenida Del Sol 309 Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez, Km. . We try to remember the fridge person. You certainly dont have to tip what you would at home, but the guideline the previous poster gave are very good. more. The whole idea of an all inclusive is the ease of it. Alternatively, you may use. Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Forum - Tripadvisor at dinner or someone makes drinks for you all day and night, how can you give them nothing? Who told you that the employees do not get compensated in an *all inclusive* resort? Thank you for any help! When you go to a restaurant here and the tip is added on, THEY DO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is turndown service at night you might want to leave $1. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I don't pass judgement on anyone who chooses not to tip but I resent being made to feel guilty for giving a few dollars to someone who has worked very hard for me and who makes near slave wages. We tell our clients of this hassle free vacation and they go there only to feel uncomfortable because they see other guests tipping and it makes them look cheap. I learned not to tip the butler at the beginning, after my very first trip. I took $400 for tipping for good service but I found you only got the service after a tip, so i didnt use it all. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. I don't pass judgement on anyone who chooses not to tip but I resent being made to feel guilty for giving a few dollars to someone who has worked very hard for me and who makes near slave wages. When everyone gets tired of it, that's when it will stop. more. You have already paid your *premium* price for this service. I am not condoning a *no tipping* policy, merely advising when it is necessary and when it is not. I also bring small gifts to give out. Iberostar Grand Paraiso: Resort First Timers - See 9,286 traveller reviews, 13,197 candid photos, and great deals for Playa Paraiso, Mexico, at Tripadvisor. And leave that tip every day ($2-3 is good). It is really the resorts fault for not doing this. MAYAN SITES: Tulum, Coba Chichen Itza y mas, SNORKELING: Info for Playa, Puerto Morelos, Cozumel and Akumal. Thank you for any help! Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Just returned from Iberostar Grand Any Questions? Not to mention the employees, understandably, favor those tippers. Playa Paraiso. For me personally, at breakfast at lunch buffet: $1-2 breakfast but only if the coffee keeps coming and they get my juice. Gimmie a break! I was surprised at how many but they have that righ and I respect that. tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Forum Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Playa Paraiso Bed and Breakfast It is NOT necessary to tip, as you are paying for an *all inclusive* , this means *everything* from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch for the rest of us. Playa Paraiso. did you also know that when its slow season that employees are asked to take time off from work without pay to avert layoffs that is a fact and i will bet the price of a weeks vacation at the grand for two anybody to prove me wrong. Where to have taxi drop off in PDC/5th Ave? I have to wonder if this is why I have read so many negative comments on the butler service. Perhaps they have become accustomed to the *big* tippers and only concentrate on them. And especially your room maid. I'm finding that most people are missing my point on tipping at an all inclusive and IN their protests to my advise, they are actually PROVING my point. The Iberostar Paraiso Beach is centrally located on the Riviera Maya, near one of the Yucatan Peninsula's most beautiful white-sand beaches, Playa de Punta Maroma. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Answer 11 of 23: I've read a bunch of posts on who to tip, but haven't seen a lot of info on how much to tip each person. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-8217696', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. You posted with this righteous fierceness that kind of came across like your way is the only way. Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Riviera Maya, Iberostar Grand Paraiso All An employee perphaps? Those that do a really good job get presents. Dont forget to tip the bellboys. Also, depending on where I am going, I do t-shirts with iron on transfers. . This is certainly acceptable. Our day-to-day efforts are to create a particularly pleasant atmosphere for our guests with the numerous services available in our wonderfully designed hotel, so your words confirming our success are really important to us. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Playa Paraiso Guest House Visitors to Iberostar Grand Paraso hotel wake in the mornings to views of the warm, blue waters of the Caribbean or cool, green gardens from the suites where they can enjoy privacy and space in secluded suites and villas.The rooms at the Playa del Carmen all-inclusive resort have everything needed for a perfect stay. Thank you for any help! just because we're told that gratuities are "included" it doesn't mean that the employee gets any of what we pay-it just means the resort says you don't have to give them anything. We'll be there the Saturday after Thanksgiving. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-41276140', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');the Grand and tipped almost everyone similar to Andrea, but we also tipped the person who refilled the fridge 50 pesos every few days and the concierge 50 pesos when we booked the al a cartes. That's as he does it. Report inappropriate content 51-60 of 83 replies Sorted by 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Tipping! Now on page 6 you've come back with many paragraphs of misleading information. When you have someone give you great service for 2-3 hrs. Perhaps they have become accustomed to the *big* tippers and only concentrate on them. They prefer for the guests to pay their help. Playa Paraiso. Thank you for any help! I thought it meant you were no longer following this thread. What are the differences and exchange privileges of the IB Playa Paraiso resorts? An employee perphaps? You could do a search as well. Answer 11 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. Unlimited Vacation Club - Secrets Maroma Beach. the question is "to eat or not to eat.". I know in a past posting you just about ordered all of us to stop this discussion but who made you the boss? what is a decent tip? Some places even put what you were expected to pay as a service charge and also seemed to expect a tip!! Search for the cheapest hotel deal for Iberostar Grand Paraiso in Playa del Carmen. If there is turndown service at night you might want to leave $1. No one will tell me not to tip though. I appreciate missouridarbydog's comments. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Playa Paraiso Guest House oh and the girls who bring you ,your drinks at the pool every thime 1 dollar. but only when the service is good.mister taylor is right, most off the tip the have to give to there supervisor ,and off the end off the month it will be split through all off there workers, thats what some starfriends told us when we were at the grand this july. Answer 1 of 6: What about the spa? Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? Web cam live in playa del carmen beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also made up the cards (business card blanks) that just say Gracias which I leave with the tips. What restaurants are at IB Lindo/Maya and what are the hours? I don't tip to get good service but because I have received good service. Playa Paraiso. A letter or comment to the management for *above and beyond* service of a certain employee would be just as effective. GOOD BYE --- JOHN TAYLOR ". They deserve it! I don't think that those of us who tip a bit ruin anything for anyone. If there is turndown service at night you might want to leave $1. I tipped her $2 every morning for her omlettes made to order. But if the waiter is busy we will tuck it under the plate (don't shoot me!). aprata - When are you going? Thank you for any help! Playa Paraiso. What are the differences and exchange privileges of the IB Playa Paraiso resorts? We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Playa Paraiso. You asked why, if the jobs were so bad, would anyone want them. It is very obvious to me that we are seeing an issue from completely different sides because of our very different life experiences. the starfriends gets more %, because the are working different hours. They deserve it! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-8494370', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Iberostar tucan earlier this year,Although I enjoyed the complex i found the service max 3 star at best . For me personally, at breakfast at lunch buffet: $1-2 breakfast but only if the coffee keeps coming and they get my juice. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Playa Paraiso Guest House Iberostar Grand Paraiso: Pari dice re invented - See 9,287 traveller reviews, 13,197 candid photos, and great deals for Iberostar Grand Paraiso at Tripadvisor. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Answer 1 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. restauraunt suggestions at iberostar paraiso beach You should not have to pay extra for good service at such an expensive resort. I can see both sides of the argument made here - I wish too there was not tipping culture, instead I would prefer to pay more for the service upfront.. but when the precedent is there, what are you going to do? They come back and complain about poor service when in fact it was only poor to THEM because they did not tip enough at a resort where it was supposed to be included. Is it customary to tip the waiters and the bartenders, and if yes, what is a decent tip? We tipped him $50 and never saw him again. I hope you're talking about another Rene! just came back from the grand hotel paraiso,we tipped mostly breakfast,2 dollars, lunch mostly 3 dollars,and the spec rest,depense karim at the italian was perfect we gave him 10 dollars,the jappanees 5 dollars,and in the lobbybar 5 dollars as we left for dinner,after a couple off drinks.the cleaninglady total 20 dollars, and turndouwn 5 dollars.butler 10 dollars and bellman 5 dollars . Answer 11 of 83: We are going to the Grand at the end of November, it is our first time at an all inclusive hotel. . Iberostar Grand Paraiso - Tipping? - Playa del Carmen Forum Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Accommodation Well, you're not the only one who speaks to employees of these resorts and I've never heard your version or anything close to it. This is certainly acceptable. We tell our clients of this hassle free vacation and they go there only to feel uncomfortable because they see other guests tipping and it makes them look cheap. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. We tipped EVERYBODY from the airport to the resort to the food servers, bell hops, housekeeping, tour guides, you name it Far, far, far from being rich, but we are EXTREMELY wealthy - not in $$ and cents; but when you know you've been blessed you just gotta share the blessings. tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Forum I don't tip to get good service but because I have received good service. We tip on par with what Andrea does, with the exception of Rene. Thank you very much, that is very helpful! I think you're really beginning to understand that many people simply do not share your point of view and you're having a hard time dealing with it. Playa Paraiso Tourism Playa Paraiso Hotels Bed and Breakfast Playa Paraiso We first encountered the full force of tipping when we went to Florida (2001), where we felt that it was expected of us and that it had to be 15% or more! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. They come back and complain about poor service when in fact it was only poor to THEM because they did not tip enough at a resort where it was supposed to be included. more. tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Tripadvisor It's called "cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap. Why on earth would they transfer one of their best employees from their flagship resort? more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. What is tipping "policy" at Iberostar Grand? And - Tripadvisor You almost got it right. Thank you for any help! Playa Paraiso. Gimmie a break! tipping at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso - Playa Paraiso Message Board It's a place that imparts tranquility and comfort while offering excellent stewardship and concierge services to create a tailor-made getaway that's totally you. Iberostar Grand Paraso hotel is designed with adults in mind. Thanks in. Remember that if you give a GIFT you need to leave a note saying that its a gift and give your name/room number (I made up little cards on my computer with this information). At Iberostar, it appears that tipping has become the norm even though we are already paying for it. More to the point, your latest post didn't say anything about a resort giving a set portion/percentage of my resort fees to the workers. Buffet waiters I'd give $2 if they brought us beverages and kept our table free of dirty plates. It is really the resorts fault for not doing this. The resort is surrounded by mangroves and rain forest, and the grounds are beautifully cared for, with an eye to protecting the native wildlife. Pools at Iberostar Grand - Playa Paraiso Forum - Tripadvisor
Patapon 2 Heaven Weapons, Thomas Partey Lives In Barnet, Articles D