Hi Shane: Presumably you want to be on U-Fly-Its mailing list, so please go direct to them (use the register here. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Nice little ultralight! I own one and I assure you it does. U-FLY-IT Light Sport Aircraft, LLC provides Light Sport and Ultralight aircraft sales, flight instruction, assembly and repair. Super? surely, I exaggerate, right? 0: 401: March 8, 2021 ND 407 and P3DV5. Thats a bummer as this is exactly the aircraft I waited for in MSFS. Standard Equipment on Every Aerolite: Need help with Letters of Authorization? Some options are available but it is very likely you may have to travel to get instruction. One impression I have gained from being around the Part 103 crowd is the striking lack of knowledge about aircraft and engines. I read the Aerolite article too and was impressed. Yes, love ultralights. Verner also made a three-cylinder radial that looked promising with 42hp and loads of torque. I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Learn how your comment data is processed. It is one of the ways to fly an aircraft in America and some other countries like Germany*, under similar rules with hardly any interference from authorities. The Aerolite 103 with Rotax 447 engine was purchased in 2006 and underwent a complete engine overhaul. Get Your Aerolite 103 Hats Here! All them some time to respond as they are very busy building more Aerolite 103s. I found the fuel valve last night but couldn't activate it. And there have been several Generac/Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke conversions. Youtube has evidence that refutes that. This was unique to the Aerolite, all other planes I tried had no throttle issues. We literally can not build them fast enough.. But alasit taps in around 80lbs. Don't know about 1) but I thought 2) is a hydrostatic fuel gauge? Ill do the calculation for you. M O S A I C Aerolite 103 - The new Aerolite 103 Kit Assembly Manual is - Facebook Touch controller? Of course there are plenty of VW conversions, but here too weight becomes an issue. since new. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'msfsaddons_com-box-3','ezslot_2',138,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-msfsaddons_com-box-3-0');Nemeth Designs is mostly known for their helicopters for FSX, but their first product for MSFS turned out to be completely different: its the Aero-Works Aerolite 103, an american ultralight in a pusher configuration (rear propeller). Also, if you spot the fox, let me know.. UPDATE 21/02/19 : V3.3 contains one new object (cottage) however I have also added a 2nd version of the airfield which fits better with Orbx True Earth North. 23803 United States Telephone: 8045363333 It is, therefore, a somewhat challenging aircraft to get off the ground, but once in the air you'll experience an open . I was able to google a manual - searching for "aerolite103 checklist". List ByDanJohnson.com all LSA Services each one verified to have the airplane or expertise you seek. Official Nemeth Designs Forum. How does it cost to get a Aerolite 103 kit from factory with and without the engine? Assembled, Factory Built Of course, any used aircraft may need additional maintenance and a homebuilt model (some Aerolite 103s are so constructed) may have deficiencies. 32 HP Kawasaki 340 Powered Aerolite $15,900, 28 HP Hirth F-33 Powered Aerolite $16,790. Second, I weigh 270 pounds so I know that the Hirth 23 is probably the engine to go with. ANIM_rotate_end 32 HP Kawasaki 340 Powered Aerolite $15,900 28 HP Hirth F-33 Powered Aerolite $16,790 The fuel primer still does not work and the mouse arrow is never replaced with the hand image. Aerolite 103 - EAA Forums Bang! The Aero-Works Aerolite 103 is now available for $17.90. The Aerolite 103 ultralight aircraft is now for sale again by u-fly-it who now is manufacturing this wonderful aircraft in DeLand FL. The problem is that finding a 4-stroke under 80lbs. Nemeth Aerolite 103 Throttle problem solved - Microsoft Flight The price of Aerolite is $ 14,000.00 plus sales tax. ANIM_rotate_key -10 -6.99978874 (18-22hp a piece.) Aerolite103 - U-FLY-IT featuring your choice of color(s), Various Engine Configurations It can be donebut the underlying airframe has to be VERY light to make it work. I would order one right now if they did. Is Hirths 28-horsepower F33 enough power for bigger pilots, say someone weighing 250 pounds? Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, New Release: Yakovlev Yak-18T by Nemeth Designs (v1.03 Aug 27), Released third party aircrafts (payware list, updating stopped). The new owner can load it up on Saturday afternoon/evening, Dennis finished, or we can deliver it to you. Hmmm, I dont think so. Perhaps the following answer sums it up. Aero-Works Inc. Aerolite-103 Please ask U-Fly-It directly. You might want to try out a wee trip from Longside. I don't know much about them. To install, download, unzip and place in the livery folder. since new. Get the oil mix right and keep the revs inside the redline and everything worked fine. Four-point Restraint I believe his last name is Harrison if Im not mistaken and he also plays Bluegrass music. Safety of ultralights | Pilots of America AEROLITE 103 Builders Vlog @aerolite103buildersvlog8 1.95K subscribers 76 videos This channel was created for anyone who owns the Aerolite 103 ultralight airplane. I honestly thought Nemeth stopped developing addons. Wrong! Converting an S-LSA to E-LSA? of U-Fly-It owner Dennis Carley replied, The normal price for this aircraft, assembled and ready to fly as it is equipped, is $21,680 without the parachute, $25,065 with the chute. Airshows can bring even better prices but continue with this story for an even more unbelievable value. General Discussion. No wonder it has remained popular for more than three decades. Plus, a deal awaits some lucky buyer. Please contact by email or text one of the directors for more . The entire regulation for Part 103 can be printed on the front and back of a single page of paper. A new and updated version of the Scottish Wings livery with the latest logo.just for fun. Magnum Parachutes Could Save Your Life, Airshows in 2021: Better News on the Horizon but Some Early-Event Cancellations, DeLand Showcase 2019 Ending the Airshow Year for Light-Sport Aircraft and SP Kit Aircraft. EGPS Longside Airfield - Scenery Packages - X-Plane.Org Forum Product Support. How can I be involved with this one week build? 2 Hi Hollis: I did not know the answer so I reached our directly to U-Fly-It boss, Dennis Carley. Sad to hear its getting lackluster reviews. Aerolite 103 anomalies - XP11 General discussion - X-Plane.Org Forum Founder of MSFS Addons and a flight simulation enthusiast since the early days of FSX. Nemeth Designs releases Aerolite-103 for MSFS Can anyone of you confirm its not nice to fly? So, what to do? Some Google searching yielded the solution to my woes. AEROLITE 103 ULTRALIGHT - $10000 (Georgetown, Ohio) It is, therefore, a somewhat challenging aircraft to get off the ground, but once in the air youll experience an open view over the world below, an unique flying experience in the real world but also in MSFS. Before then,DeLand Showcase 2019 is set to begin!November 7, 2019, Happening right now as this is written a young pilot, with impressive support from his father and sister, is flying to Oshkosh.July 17, 2019, Super affordability. http://godolloairport.hu/calc/strc_eng/index.htm, http://www.uflyit.com/aerolite_103_specifications.htm, Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology, Flying bike update, in case you were wondering. (see below), Reduction D. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Your email address will not be published. XP11 General discussion. We Need Information! Deland, Florida producer U-Fly-It offers a ready to fly Aerolite 103 for the modest sum of just $15,900. You are using an out of date browser. The model number indicates that the Aerolite was designed to comply with the Federal Aviation Administration FAR 103 ultralight rules. April 2, 2018 in However, Aerolite lacks for nothing to give you a good time in the air and it wont break your budget. by Jim Hardin Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am, Post Filed Under: Aerolite 103, Splog, U-Fly-It. Pudgy and reliable Kolb aside, next two reputable types are Aerolite 103 and Belite. Ive seen a few trikes make 254lbs. I didn't love that it has a yoke instead of a stick, but that's just personal preference. I need a complete kit of 103. Youd need a good redrive to swing a prop with that and it would probably run you as much as the motor but youre still only in $1,400 ish at that point. Powered by Invision Community, X-Plane VFR, X-Plane Scenery Creation (smaller VFR Airports), Amateur Radio. I was OK sorting out the key but missed the obvious when looking for the fuel tap.they are always attached to the bottom of the fuel tank. I auto start and the throttle doesn't work. Weekly Digest - What is new in The X-Plane World, Adding Two Factor Authentication to Your Account, Dream Flight : Augusta, GA to the Bahamas. Box 103, Millersburg, OH 44654, phone 330-674-9715, : 330-674-1559 . Again with an emphasis on the word claim. The buyer will have to pick item up at 175 Chapter Educational Center at Tampa Executive Airport in Tampa , FL. Ultralight / Aerolite - Barnstormers And that's the rubno matter how you slice it, 2-strokes used in aircraft will always need more maintenance and attention than any 4-strokes. X-Plane.Org ANIM_rotate_key -7 -6.99978874 It was one of a few Part 103 aircraft with certain engineering elements that were, uh, "questionable". I have searched the internet for the owners manual for the Aerolite 103 without success. Can anybody speak for their reputation as a developer? ft. Get Your Aerolite 103 Hats Here! Aerolite 103 kit and plans starting $11,500 Fully assembled and ready to fly aircraft available. Practically speaking a Part 103 engine cant be much more than 80lbs. Come to think of it, Dennis Carlin offers a version of Aerolite 103 with a 4-stroke . The Aerolite 103 ultralight aircraft is now for sale again by u-fly-it who now is manufacturing this wonderful aircraft in DeLand FL. Anyone who can recommend one over the other? How much is it going to cost me? 1: 507: Airframe, Ive also seen a few fixed-wing aircraft claim 254lbs. Aerolite 103 aircraft. Both Legal Eagle and Hummelbird were only compatible with very small pilots, and the latter also disposed with the canopy. Aerolite 103, N2549W: Accident occurred March 16, 2013 in Immokalee I clicked all around it and couldn't get it to move. Bummer, around 5 Euro I would have bought it even with the issues present. Ahh yes, the aerolite, i enjoyed flying this thing in xplane quite a bit. This forum is the place to discuss All Things Experimental. Youd need a <70lb. The Aerolite 103 has been around since 1997 as either a fully assembled aircraft or as an assembly kit. If you have a question, we want to So by their Info, a 277UL with the right Prop should work also. Keep following this website for more. You must log in or register to reply here. In a mere 20 hours during bankers hours, some might say an Aerolite 103 will go from kit to flyable aircraft. That said, I've never flown one, but did the same sort of research you are starting on now, a few years ago. Our distributor in Europe uses the Thor 250 on some of their Aerolites, and the performance is adequate. by chicagorandy Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 pm, Post Hi! A Cessna driver who jumps in an ultralight without any transition training is asking for trouble. They tend to be temperamental. Mariano Rosales/EAA). Hi Jeff: Thanks for catching the error. Absorbing Main Gear, Steerable Consider this perspective. Shortly after takeoff, I quickly lose altitude and crash. Can you genuinely find an aircraft you like that is affordable?December 8, 2021, Everyone has returned home from the first major airshow in too long (other than the wonderful sector-specific event calledMidwest LSA Expo).April 21, 2021, For years Ive said that of all aircraft to succeed with battery electric flight, the first truly usable, enjoyable aircraft would be a Part 103 ultralight.April 14, 2021, Aviation preaches safety long and loud. BYF accomplished the feat by using a spar-less wing that was a truss welded from aluminum tubes. The demand is clearly there. Fuel valve must be rotated horizontal before you can prime and start the 103. I have owned a Skyranger and an Aeronca Chief but dont know of anyone around here (central Maine) who owns an Aerolite 103 or where I can get cross-training in anything that will hold me and most any CFI, unless they are VERY small, like 175 or so pounds in a Challenger II. I don't know anything about the Hirth engines, but last year I did get a chance to walk around the Aerolite at Oshkosh. We have a super offer in conjunction with AirVenture in Oshkosh next month, announced Dennis in June 2019. TIA! What am I doing wrong ? 9 Likes New Release: Yakovlev Yak-18T by Nemeth Designs (v1.03 Aug 27) Hummel, Belite, Mini-Max and a few others claim to be able to do this. Plus it flies so nicely that the smile youll have after your first landing may last you the rest of your life. Your email address will not be published. New FI.R.M. Maybe I'm falling prey to the hype, but this one sounds good. It was pretty neat. Finally, the Swissauto 250 is a newer 4-stroke entry that looks good. this article about Aerolite with a four stroke. featuring your choice of color(s), Various Engine Configurations an old thread, but I'm new to XP11. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The new Aerolite 103 Kit Assembly Manual is completed and being shipped to our customers, who are assembling their own Aerolites. But I did find a 2006 Ski-doo shop manual. You can post now and register later. We are also testing a couple other engine models currently, both of which should be very viable options for heavier pilots. In case Hirths numbering system may confuse you, F33 is a super light single cylinder engine where F23 is a horizontally opposed twin cylinder model producing 50 horsepower. * U-Fly-It's European dealer is Vierwerk. Any issues please let me know. Upload or insert images from URL. New sails, windshield, fuel tank, tires, etc. The new Sport Pilot rule makes flying affordable! Located at Brown County Airport in Georgetown, Ohio. Official Nemeth Designs Forum. Latest Nemeth Designs topics - HeliSimmer.com Forums No help from me other than to suggest a different forum to search - non sport pilot that is- I know I've seen postings regarding the Hirth and other ultra-light engines over at the EAA Forum groups -, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln. Aerolite 103 should be taken from the marketplace. Aerolite 103 is surprisingly well equipped: Flaps, trim, conventional three-axis control with a yoke and rudder pedals, windscreen and nose fairing, steerable nose wheel with sturdy shock-absorbing main gear, four-point seat belts, 5-gallon aluminum fuel tank, Azusa brakes, fully anodized aluminum airframe and all basic instruments including (see below), Reduction Drive, Haven't flown it for a while now, but should probably get back and enjoy some "low-and-slow" flying again. Light Is Right In the Eyes of FAA and World CAAs, LSA & Lightplane Highlights at Oshkosh 2012. We respond to ALL email I think there was a version of Hummelbird that ostensibly qualified as ultralight. to remove the wing for transport does the hole tail assemboly have to come off ? So, the price difference is practically negligible, but I'd like one that offers stupendous views in VR and is gentle to fly (weather permitting, obviously!). I expect at least some of the difference of opinion is because some people take time to understand 2 strokes and some don't. By any measure this is a singular aircraft (oops, FAA calls them a vehicle because they do not have to meet the hundreds of pages of regulation that apply to certified aircraft). Fairing & Windscreen, Approximately 200 detailed pages, including nearly 300 color photographs. Listen, modern airplanes have become quite expensive. jschallenberg This group was created for those interested in the Aerolite 103 to share ideas, thoughts and information. Sun n Fun 2021 / Wrap Up More Airplane News Will Follow, but How Was this Years Event? ANIM_rotate_key 0 0 Do you sell the kit without the engine and if so what is the price? When asked by a customer if U-Fly-It has any plans for a two seat model, Dennis responded,We are building so many single seaters that we just dont have time to make a two-seater. George Dean, Hi George: Yes, Aerolite 103 producer U-Fly-It has been exceptionally busy for the last few years. 915 Biscayne Blvd., Hangar B, DeLand, FL 32724. Well, it is still debatable whether the mysterious aircraft is indeed a genuine Chinese copy of the Aerolite 103. List ByDanJohnson.com all LSA Services each one verified to have the airplane or expertise you seek. I don t know many other companies in all of light aviation that can say that. My question is, how reliable is this engine? Aerolite 103 Specifications - U-FLY-IT I just received a September copy of SPORT AVIATION, in which there is an excellent article regarding the Aerolite 103. Dan What is the safety and performance record of the Aerolite 103? Does everything work in it after todays update? Aero-lite 103 - Experimenter - This months feature article Your link has been automatically embedded. Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. After he put this on his Facebook page, this show airplane will surely sell long before Oshkosh 2019 starts. well I did get it to start from a New Flight, and it must have low battery built in the simulation. A couple years ago, Dennis revived the idea of a kit Aerolite 103. by chicagorandy Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:43 pm, Post Clear editor. I own a powered parachute with one it it runs very well. teraz wiem jak wczy silniki w tym samolocie. Length: 16 ft. 3.25 in. Also, it's wings fold in 20 minutes for trailerability. Aerolite 103 Ultralight Aircraft : Aerolite 103 priced to sell! The Sure, it should be way easier with a VR set ! If you treat one like a four stroke, you are guaranteed to have problems. What am I doing wrong ? Ive always thought the Aerolite 103 would be fantastic with either one of the 29HP or 36.5HP Polini engines. by HAPPYDAN Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am, Post However, you can certainly go observe and discuss the build effort with U-Fly-Its staff. 265-315 lbs. The discussion forum for Sport Pilots and Light Sport Aircraft, Post I think this is the first complaint I have seen on one of these aviation sites about under-regulation. Thanks! If you have to wait because the line is busy, it is probably because other pilots agree with me that Aero-Lite 103 is a desirable machine. Aluminum Fuel Plugs fouled regularly, and exhaust ports needed to be cleaned now and then, but sooo easy to work on, not a problem. Start button - press. It can be a kit or complete, and standard comes with a Hirth F33 2-stroker. A number of ultralights fly with 4-stroke engines. Im a French ultralight pilot renting Savannah and Bingo all year long. ANIM_rotate_key 7 6.99978874 But it weighed 81lbs. Kolb Firefly (and Trifly, the tricycle-gear version of the Firefly). If you prefer an aircraft with an electric start option, Aerolite is available with the Hirth F-33 for just $16,700. Have fun. 4-stroke (all-in weight) that puts out a MINIMUM of 28hp continuous to be viable in the Part 103 space. The neon yellow/green fabric appears to be in . nemeth-designs. However, on whole, I think this is a highly reliable aircraft. Email us: aerolite @uflyit.com. They're not certified and I don't believe there is any requirement that a manufacturer design them or test them to any kind of standard of structural soundness. Modern ultralights are perfectly fine, their engines have also come a long way. In the '70s I grew up with 2-stroke road and dirt bikes, and found those (Yam and Zuki) to be strong and reliable, although smoky. Since 1982 FAAs Part 103 for ultralight vehicles has been one of the most intriguing sections in the lengthy Federal Aviation Regulations.
Our Lady Of America Shrine Dayton, Ohio, Gardenia Court Apartments Niagara Falls, Robert Depalma Obituary, Articles A