Latina longevity is real, but it can bring health, financial challenges Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. About 57,000 miles on it and brakes are still in great shape!!! I would definitely consider getting another one if I were. After checking with the dealer and two auto body shops, I concluded that the cost of repairing/replacing it was ridiculous. Even the used ones cost twice as much as any other used transmission. Therefore, I will never buy a car with a moon roof again. With responsive steering, a composed suspension and a quiet ride, the 2008 Mercury Milan is one of the sportier and more luxurious vehicles in the midsize sedan segment. Shocks or struts, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, alignment, steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), power steering (pumps and hoses, leaks), wheel balance, springs or torsion bars, bushings, electronic or air suspension. CAR IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Interested in getting these stories in an email? The Milan just had the best look, quietest ride, fun toys(SYNC and CD changer) for the money. Buying something as mundane as bottled water can be beguiling and the decision may come down to which bottles have the most eye-catching design. Easy to drive, the Milan doesnt lean much in curves and stays on course, but more enthusiastic drivers might prefer it to be more precise. Any vehicle not included in "Zone A", or "Zone B" is not included in the safety recall. Cost to drive estimates for the 2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.28 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. The Sync system and the ambient lighting, however, will be introduced later in the model year. Roomy, even for me at 6'5". Reset your password. Signup for free email alerts over at CarComplaints.com. Meets all my needs, good interior design and stylish. It revs effortlessly and remains suitably hushed at cruising speed. left and right bank lean. I would recommend anyone try, My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), Find insurance savings it's 100% free, Compare Free Quotes (& Save Hundreds per Year! Faulty spark plugs may also be the culprit if you are having issues with your engine running rough or misfiring., If you havent gotten the hint already, the best way to extend the life of your carregardless of its year, make, or modelis to. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Making a schedule for oil changes, fluid checks, and more is a great idea. No problems since.". The unfortunate rapid depreciation put a quasi luxury vehicle under 2 years of factory warranty into the range of affordability. Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Ford is recalling certain 2009 Ford Ranger, Edge, Fusion and Mustang, Lincoln MKX, MKZ and Zephyr and Mercury Milan vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Opens website in a new tab. The leather seats are very attractive and have normal wear and tear over the years and the seats aren't too comfortable after an extended period of time. The Washington Post noted in November 2018 that overall life expectancy in the United States was declining although in 2018 life expectancy had a slight increase of 0.1 and bringing it to . that car buying is the way to go. Three weeks later I traded it in on a Honda Accord Sport. Ford's number for this recall is 19S01. If you skip recommended Mercury Milan services, Even at 13 years old still looks good! Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2007-2011 Ford Ranger vehicles, 2006-2011 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ vehicles, 2007-2010 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX vehicles, 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles, and 2005-2011 Ford Mustang vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Save products you love, products you own and much more! Ford's number for this recall is 21S12. Within the Milan is plenty of room for all passengers. It looks brand new and drives as if it's brand new. 28 MPG 60% highway/country roads. See Full Specs for All 2007 Mercury Milan Styles. Adding four-wheel drive moves the price to $23,510. This transmission seems. Still looks great. Except for slight road noise on some surfaces, plus some engine noise during hard acceleration, the V6 Milan is impressively quiet. Upscale amenities and premium interior touches help give it a distinct identity from its Ford Fusion cousin. peak torque doesn't arrive until 4250rpm. The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety. The 2006 Mercury Milan has been recalled 5 times by NHTSA. Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. of 2007 Mercury Milan owners. in Literary and Cultural Studies, and is certified to teach English as a Second Language. An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. The Milan Premier adds 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic headlights, automatic climate control, leather seating, an in-dash CD changer, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, an auto-dimming rearview mirror and heated side mirrors with approach lamps. There was also a recall for the passenger airbag but other than that, the car has always been fun to drive and has gotten me from point A to B. Physical aesthetics absolutely play a part in the longevity of your vehicle! It has a. ", "had to be 'reflashed' with the new transmission". Took it to my garage man and he said the brakes were not ready to be replaced". Looked a 2003 jag but it did not hold a candle to the millan premiere hands down the better car. Handles great, rides like a Cadillac and has the comfort of one also! The Mercury Milan midsized sedan is very agile and satisfying to drive. I now have 7800 mile on the car since September and I am pleased as can be. The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. I?ve owned it since June 2007, bought it new And although decent performers, neither the base four-cylinder nor the optional V6 can challenge the top rivals in terms of all-out acceleration and refinement. Running tally of owner grievances filed to CarComplaints.com. 2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews | Cars.com Radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating. Mercury Milan Review | The Truth About Cars Her dream car is a black a Mercedes G-Class, like the ones from Jurassic World. A list of some of the most common issues Milan owners have to deal with. find cheap prew-owned vehicles for sale near you. Jacqulyn has formally studied writing and composition pedagogy for over ten years. They are cheap and plastic", "The door handles are broken..They are too fragile for the size of the door", "The inside door handle is totally made of plastic and the part of the handle that the door release cable attaches to broke. The 2008 Mercury Milan's base 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine makes 160 horsepower and can meet Partial-Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) certification in California. data for a specific year. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills. I selected the Milan over Fusion (Milan has a better looking interior and exterior), G6 and Accord (Milan has better seating position of short drivers like my wife) before making purchasing decision. This score shows whether the model had more or fewer problems overall than the average model of that year, calculated from the total number of problems reported by subscribers in all 17 trouble spots. This car is great for the commute to and from work. All services will be performed free of charge. With all of the companys main decision makers on board including key members of the Ford family that controls 40 percent of the voting stock Ford of the Americas President, Mark Fields, used the annual spring business and []. It needed a new computer", "The oil pan developed a leak causing material oil loss between changes", "Valve Cover Gasket failed and needed replacing. The best part about it is that it has required no repairs, only regular maintenance. The recall began April 1, 2021. How Many Miles Will a Mercury Milan Last? | GetJerry.com 2007 Mercury Milan Review & Ratings | Edmunds The four-cylinder mill produces a class appropriate power (160hp @ 6250rpm) and economy (23/31mpg). you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find Prices of some competitive midsize sedans Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima start slightly below the Milan, but top-end versions cost considerably more. For example, regularly driving in heavy stop-and-go traffic wears down brakes quickly, while drivers who tend to cruise along the highway use brakes less. The Courtesy Check helps us see what were working with under the hood, and allows us to alert you to any potential problems before they worsen. to get the information you were looking for! Blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure. "Transmission would not shift into gear. California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, California Privacy Policy & Notice At Collection. The body style and performance was excellent and it never broke down. Overall I have been pleased with it's reliability over 12 years of ownership. Used 2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews - Edmunds " Read More. . able to find a newer version but I think they have discontinued this vehicle. Thank you Mercury!!!! View local inventory and get a quote from a . This requires my mechanic to find the source of the squeak/ rubbing noise and to lubricate the parts. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. I took the car to an independent mechanic who immediately diagnosed the problem and did the proper repair. Mercury Milan - Problems, Statistics, and Analysis In general, car batteries only last three to five years. 2007 Mercury Milan Performance - U.S. News & World Report Available later in the model year will be an interior ambient lighting scheme (that allows one to switch among seven colors for the footwells and console-mounted cupholders) and Mercury's Sync multimedia integration system. If you put in the effort to keep up with proper maintenance, For example, can help preserve your cars paint and prevent rust.. In our land of plenty, an abundance of similar choices is a way of life. It is a defect that these cars must have in common, which is unsettling to me. 2006 Mercury Milan Reliability - Consumer Reports A 221-hp 3.0-liter V6 is optional on both the base and Premier trims. The Milan is part of Mercurys revival plan and is aimed squarely at customers who place a premium on upscale styling both inside and out. It's a good idea to check with the dealer about any software updates, TSB's, etc. A 2008 Milan with the four-cylinder and automatic rates 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, while the V6 version rates 18/26 mpg. Furthermore, one's cell phone address book is also wirelessly and automatically transferred to the Sync as well. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Mercury Milan Reviews and Owner Comments - RepairPal.com Love this car. how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. For 2008, a keyless entry keypad is standard on the Mercury Milan, and there are a number of new options. All services will be performed free of charge. Some of the Premier's features are optional on the base Milan. The Mercury Milan midsized sedan is very agile and satisfying to drive. We still dont recognize that sign in. I change oil every 5000 miles and did a good 50,000 mile maintenance. Its now official: Ford will phase out its Mercury division by the end of 2010. Passwords are 6-20 characters with at least one number and letter. "3 out of the 4 door locks have now been replaced, 2 last year. account information here. Had air in the brake lines both times, and brakes had to be bled", "master cylinder and its controls failed", "There may be a leak in the cylinder, causing the pedal to go soft occasionally", "brakes went to floor. A reverse parking sensor is optional. Are Mercury Milans expensive to maintain? Does have a 17.5 gallon tank that provides an incredible driving range. Built on a comparatively long (107.4-inch) wheelbase, the four-door sedan has a clean, modestly-adorned overall appearance, brandishing gentle curves as well as body lines that could be called "chiseled." ), so theyve designed this schedule with your cars unique needs in mind. Using our PainRank system we've ranked it 12th in overall reliability out of 14 Mercury models, with real engine and steering concerns. Leasing, on the other hand, The 2008 Mercury Milan midsize sedan is offered in two trim levels: base and Premier. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling. This is a record of safety issues for vehicles of this year, make, model and trim. The only way to get out of the car was to roll down the window, reach the outside door handle and pull it to open the door unt". We put it back together and still hope that our fix holds". Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. I've had my Milan for 10 years and except for oil changes every 3000 mi., I've had no problems with it. Looks, drives like a car of higher value. 2007 Ford Focus Review, Problems, Reliability, Value, Life Expectancy, MPG Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers. This helps set the Milan apart from the Ford Fusion, which shares the same profile and structure. When compared to more similarly priced competitors like the Chevy Malibu, Chrysler Sebring, Hyundai Sonata and Saturn Aura, the Milan ranks quite well. The 4 cyl. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. Heated Exterior Driver Mirror. What a pleasant surprise. An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants, resulting in serious injury or death. List of U.S. states and territories by life expectancy The affected floor mats may move and possibly interfere with the accelerator pedal. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. This can include things like power steering fluid replacement, wheel alignment adjustments, replacement of struts and wheel bearings, and ball joint lubrication. 2007 Mercury Milan Maintenance Schedule - Firestone Complete Auto Care ", "the radio worked fine, however the display kept getting dimmer and dimmer until it quit entirely. The only real disappointment is under the hood, as neither engine offers much off-the-line grunt and both get a little noisy at higher rpm. Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. The floor mat could shift such that it could interfere with the accelerator pedal, preventing its return to an idle position, which could result in unintended vehicle speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. Otherwise, your battery could die unexpectedly, leaving you and your Milan stranded. "Twice, after a panic stop, the brake pedal would go nearly to the floor before engaging. The recall began in July 2014. For a luxury car, it could be better. Owners of the vehicle give it 4.7 out of 5 stars. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care That grrrr and acceleration a car should have. 2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sdn V6 Premier FWD Specs - U.S. News & World Report Handling is superb! New Audi E-Tron S for Sale in Glenview, IL, Best Mazda Mx-5 Miata Rf Lease Deals in Vancouver, WA, New Audi A6 Allroad for Sale in Rohnert Park, CA, New Audi E-Tron for Sale in Hamtramck, MI, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Based on information received from our latest data for a specific year. 2.3-liter in-line 4160 horsepower @ 6250 rpm150 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4250 rpmEPA city/highway fuel economy: 23/31, 3.0-liter V6221 horsepower @ 6250 rpm205 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4800 rpmEPA city/highway fuel economy: 20/28 (2WD), 19/26 (AWD). We had to be careful that we were always in the right hand lane. Very good gas mileage. .css-1k9s640{font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0.5px;color:#000000;line-height:16px;line-height:18px;margin-right:8px;}Showing 6 of 290 reviews. We can help with that, too! When it comes to steering and suspension, you want to catch small problems before they turn into big (and expensive) ones. Ask most people and they'll probably tell you 2007 Milan: 485 2006 Milan: 247 . 2023 Firestone Complete Auto Care. Available on iPhone and Android. V6 models also have traction control. A bright chrome beltline accents each body side, and LED taillights promise quicker illumination. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Couldn't Be Happier With This Milan Premier, Provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Mercury going, going, gone by the end of the year. Drove this car almost 1000 mile to SC after owning it for a month. With r. , your Milan should last just under 200,000 miles. Find aused certified pre-owned Mercuryfor sale. The use of satin aluminum finishes and high-quality materials is meant to extend the appeal of the Milans body into its five-passenger cockpit. The exterior styling makes it still look like a 2 or 3 year old car Once you have identified a used vehicle In addition, the HCU will be tested to detect a possible stuck valve condition, replacing the HCU as necessary. Option highlights include a voice-activated navigation system, an upgraded audio system, satellite radio, a sunroof, a rear spoiler, heated front seats and wood-grain interior trim. Everything! Just bought it used the test drive was very impressive. My wife drove it the second test drive and liked it. Safety features are incredible. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. The 2007 Mercury Milan scored four stars (out of five) for driver and front-passenger protection in NHTSA frontal-impact crash testing. Used car values are constantly changing. This just came to pass this spring when we pretty much stopped driving and leaving the house so it has not been a priority. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. A lot more reliable then any of the 6 Mercedes I?ve owned. Both Sexes. accounted for 189 of the reported problems, making them the second-most common issue. A damaged A/C system is never fun, and an overheated engine can cause significant issues (like a total car breakdown!). or right around the expected life of your vehicle. Instead, I got a used radio. The average Jerry user saves $887 a year on car insurance. With all of the Mercedes I was always spending money on repairs!!!! Time-sensitive, free repairs for widespread safetyproblems. New standard features on all Milan models include anti-lock brakes (ABS), front seat side-impact airbags and side-curtain airbags. Interior is very comfortable. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. According to MSN, potential drivers should "expect just average highway performance with the 4-cylinder engine." The Car Connection agrees, noting that although "it's not going to blow . Check engine light, sensors (includes O2 or oxygen sensor), emission control devices (includes EGR), engine computer, engine computer, fuel cap, fuel gauge/sender, fuel injection system, fuel pump, fuel leaks, stalling or hesitation. It starts on the first try, even when the temp is -20F. Ad-free. The driver's side air bag inflator may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. "The radio lost the illumination several years ago. "Rust is evident along the seams on the front underside of the hood". The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install new replacement mats, free of charge. In side-impact testing, the midsize sedan earned five stars for front-occupant protection and four stars for rear occupants. Power or manual windows, locks and latches, tailgate, hatch or trunk, doors or sliding doors, mirrors, seat controls, safety belts, sunroof, convertible top. Does it serve the purpose for which it was built? Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2007-2011 Ranger, 2006-2012 Fusion, Lincoln Zephyr, Lincoln MKZ, 2006-2011 Mercury Milan, 2007-2010 Ford Edge, and Lincoln MKX vehicles. A standard analog clock mounted high in the center stack adds a touch of class. The sound system is amazing and has deep bass which I love (no need to add a subwoofer). Driving conditions, climate variations, and other variables can affect which scheduled maintenance services youll need; 2007 Mercury Milan Ratings & Specs - Consumer Reports Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. Buying car from a relative and just want to know the Blue Book of the 2008 Mercury Milan with 125000 miles. At 59,000 miles the original brakes on my Milan are still in great condition The average lifespan for a Mercury Milan is, Once again, many factors affect how many years, car will last. The AC was not working well, my wife said that was the way it always worked. , a supple ride, and good acceleration. All-star sedans like the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry are still better choices -- but they also cost more. We dont recognize that sign in. "transmission failed; apparently others have had similar problems, but not enough to get a recall notice", "Transmission failed requiring rebuilding at $4,000", "At 87,000 miles we had to rebuild the transmission.". Your username maybe be your email address. If you adjust the temperature setting, it switches back to exterior temp as soon as you are done. We dont recognize that sign in. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. It cost me $1800 and it was repaired by a ford dealer The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis. Interestingly I have now driven it for 180,000 with the check engine light on. The trunk size is good for being a midsized car (when loaded correctly I've been able to pack the car for camping trips with everything I needed). ). The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. Ford's number for this recall is 19S54. Cars for Sale; The interior is well made and space is generous. Owner notification letters were mailed on April 9, 2021 for the passenger side, and November 14, 2022 for the driver side. As a 4 cylinder, it doesn't have the acceleration of a 6, but it does very well passing on two-lane highways. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Push that and you have outside temperature displayed instead of the set point of the climate control. Any vehicle not included in "Zone A", or "Zone B" is not included in the safety recall. I have tried the 10.9 hex bolt and the. I love this car to the fullest extent and wish mercury was still around to make this car! ", "check engine light indicated coolant system was too hot. It's a shame they don't make them anymore, but then this buggy is going to last me 10 more years. At 84 years, Latina life expectancy is second only to Asian American women ( 85.8 years) and it's tied with Asian American men. Members save $872/year. you might find yourself with a hot mess on your hands quite literally. To keep your transmission in working order as long as possible, regularly check fluid levels and always allow your car to warm up before putting it in drive. We try to boil down it to the most important bits about things that actually help you with your car problem. Unfortunately, those people will have to live without stability control, as this key safety feature is not offered on the Milan. I have had the car for a little over a week and am really impressed with the quality and tight feel. The brake lines needed to be flushed out", "My mechanic found the brakes were going bad while doing routine checks on my car", "defect in the left rear brake pad that wore into the rotor", "getting pulsation after 5000 miles of driving. The Mariner has 166 complaints, an overall PainRank of 13.35, and ranks 13th in reliability. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. I was, also looking to spend a bit less. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a As for reliability? to get the information you were looking for! Mine started to go at around 80k and completely shut down at 95k.
Bartow County Sheriff Incident Report, Registered British Blue Breeders, Articles OTHER