Saying thank you doesnt seem adequate enough for how much my life has positively changed through five days with Marian and Garrett! In the spirit of reconciliation, Integrative Somatic Studies Institute acknowledges that we operate on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoplesSwxw7mesh (Squamish), St:l and Slilwta/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xmkym (Musqueam) Nations. Crisis Helplines This is an experience I will carry and cherish for the rest of my life. can serve as an ongoing source of inspiration, connection, and support. Best part-your own private room and someone else cooking and cleaning! Get your life back on track in days, not months or years. Our trauma treatment center emphasizes person-focused care and evidence-based services. The beauty of the hikes in the Grand Canyon and on Bell Rock were unlike anything else Ive experienced. I will highly recommend this retreat to other women.". Wisdom of the women who speak from the truth of their experience informed our circle. Thank you for sharing with such open and pure hearts. I had not done a therapy intensive before and was hesitant, but Bambi made me feel comfortable right from the start. In February 2022, The Younique Foundation, Finding Hope Support Groups and Defend Innocence rebranded and were renamed Saprea. She has worked in the schools and in nursing homes, seen clients outpatient and in-home. I am filled with gratitude for the amazing journey. Going through a difficult transition, such as a divorce, career change, or empty-nest? Thanks for hosting such a great retreat. Sedona was named the most beautiful city in America and, of course, the Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Processing those memories using therapy for trauma can sometimes completely resolve depression in only a few days, freeing you from the painful emotions of your past. Thank you will never be enough! Are still affected, often deeply, by their past. I have not drank alcohol in 17 days. Only you can determine how traumatic an event was to you. From. Some examples of a traumatic event include: Sexual assault Physical assault Witnessing violence or murder Natural disaster Witnessing or participating in military combat, first responders or police duty Serious injury or illness Sudden death of a loved one Surviving a serious car accident The workshops were all top notch and made me feel safe. Once youre settled in, you can focus your full attention on participating in. Reward Path Recovery Center provides medical detox and residential treatment for substance use disorders (12-Step, trauma , and dual-diagnosis focused). The beauty and energy of Sedona is wonderful and Garrett did a great job leading us around. Can safely live in a social environment for four days with a group of other survivors. We exist to help women and children who experienced sexual abuse or acts of violence regain their balance in life. The exact location of the retreat is kept private for the safety and security of the survivors who attend. As someone who has struggled with suicidal depression since childhood, I have done important work with many therapists, counselors, and healers. Saprea strives to provide a safe space for survivors to build a community of support while learning about the impacts of childhood trauma and applying healing strategies to help manage trauma symptoms. Making this decision involves understanding the features and benefits of various levels of care. Our rates are simple and direct: $2,195 per individual for the womens spiritual retreat (+tax). It was hard for me to open up to such a large group as I am more of a one-on-one type and a bit guarded with my heart. You made me feel safe and comfortable. As a trauma survivor, it is hard for me to feel safe with people and yet Bambi created an environment where it felt safe to do this deep work. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center offers trauma treatment at the residential and partial hospitalization levels. Trauma Dr Bambi Rattner worked with me doing intensive EMDR after my mother had passed. The magic, awe, and wonder of Hollyhock offers a balance of community and solitude. You do a great job! The love and kindness you shared with us was above and beyond my expectations. * Exploring the wisdom at the heart of your experience as a woman When youre struggling with the untreated effects of trauma, its important to choose the trauma treatment center that is best prepared to meet your specific needs. Hollyhock is situated on the traditional and unceded territories of the Klahoose,Tlaamin, andHomalco Nations, 100 miles north of Vancouver, British Columbia. Confronting anxiety during the retreat and processing the emotions behind it can yield seemingly miraculous results, offering you the freedom to finally breathe again and recognize that today you are safe and what you are afraid of is no longer a threat. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and your lives with me. Auburn, CA Licensed and Certified by the Department of Health Care Services Call us now at (602) 540-5808 or contact us by completing our Inquiry Form by clicking here and join us for a once-in-a-lifetime Sedona womens spiritual retreat that you will remember forever. The Saprea Retreat is a free, clinically informed four-day experience followed by a self-guided online course for adult women who were sexually abused at or before age 18. I have participated in intensive therapy with Dr. Bambi Rattner on three different occasions. Western Spirits week-long (Sun-Sat) womens spiritual retreat includes: We are accompanied outside by our wonderful teacher and healer, Bella, our Australian Shepherd. My mind was calm, even when my then-teenage son started to insult his brother, which had been a significant trigger. Comfortable with silence, personal reflection, and stillness, as well as with guided group activities. Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Advocate. The retreat was so much better than I expected. It was a wonderful retreat! The workshops were very well done and the outdoor activities a lot of fun and inspiring. Fortunately, whatever happened to cause your PTSD can be processed and released over the course of a retreat, encouraging post-traumatic growth as your experiences are integrated as a part of your history. This retreat was the perfect launching pad for my spiritual journey. Acknowledging and addressing your trauma is a very personal experience, and your choice of treatment is equally personal. ", "Words cant really describe this experience. My expectations for this week-long retreat were greatly exceeded. I learned so much from both of you (Marian & Garrett), from your workshops, and from your relationship with each other (and your dog, Bella). The staff and volunteers are so welcoming, kind, and compassionate. The deep stillness of the meditation Sanctuary replenishes ones own stillness and allows you to dive deep into self and the mystery of life and to emerge from the stillness ready to embrace the contradictions and fullness of life. Each day of retreat offers a variety of classes and activities that you can choose to participate in based on your needs. 1. How Does The Saprea Retreat Help Me Heal? I was irritable, underemployed, joyless, easily startled, didnt sleep much (and had nightmares when I did), deeply unsatisfied, lonely (despite work, family, and friends), and more often than not looking forward to the end of my miserable life. Oaks Retreat: Women's Weekend Retreat Guru Choice Staff Pick April 28 - 30, 2023. And I loved Garretts knowledge. Yearning for another woman to listen with empathy and compassion? From helping you find the perfect retreat to taking care of you when things go wrong, we treat you like family. She genuinely cared and responded with attunement and warmth to the varied emotions and experiences that arose in me. Let our team of retreat experts hand-pick a few options for you. Meeting you and spending the week at Western Spirit was a true gift. We created the Saprea Retreat because we saw various services for survivors in crisis, but virtually nothing for survivors who, years or decades later, still feel the effects of the abuse. I released a lot of pain and made room for joy and love. It's free and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. She is now certified in both EMDR and PC and became an EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) Approved Consultant in 2020. ", "From the location, the staff, and the content.everything was great. I had completely given up on my childhood dreams even before I reached adolescence. I believed that I would never be able to work again or be able to contribute to the world in any way. Once you are admitted to the program, our team will be in touch to discuss your payment options. She is very kind, open, listens, and provides positive direction to her clients. If you receive trauma treatment at the PHP level, you willbenefit fromfull days of services provided by experienced professionals. Highly Rated Trauma Retreats / Psychedelic & Plant Medicine. Deepen your connection with nature for insight, awareness, and stress relief. There were so many topics covered and valuable tools introduced to me through the workshops. Everything was excellent! . I knew right after our introductions that I would grow and see and feel all of what I needed this week. I learned to choose love over fear and surrender to the Universe. My retreat experience was more than I could have hoped for. You may have tried weekly trauma therapy, meditation or other mental health counseling services but thought they did little to address your issues. Women go through various physical changes during the years of conception and motherhood. Directly experiencing, witnessing, or otherwise being exposed to a traumatic event can cause significant distress. Thank you for visiting our website. Email: info@resilientretreat.org I gave him a warning, and that was the end of the story (well, for that night). I was able to reflect inward and at the same time release so much stagnation, pain, sadness, and anger through the embodiment work & sound bath experience. I felt nothing but fear, and maybe shame, but not even much of those because I was so shut down by a lifetime of sucking it up and pulling myself up by my bootstraps until, one day, those bootstraps ripped off in my hands. I thought I came for one thing, but I left with so much more! Every time I leave and go back to day-to-day life, I feel a sense of calm ad ease comes over me. Your care willfollow an individualized plan that includes multiple forms of evidence-based therapies and services. We are also the only womens spiritual retreat facility that offers our guests an all-inclusive package for one low rate. Youll experience all of this, plus exciting outdoor adventures in the natural beauty of magical Sedona and the awesome Grand Canyon. Chronic Stress: Stress is a necessary and unavoidable part of life, but the way we deal with stress has a lot to do with the intensity of our negative experiences and how we have coped with them in the past. ", "One of the most beautiful experiences of my life. Physically and mentally, it felt similar to when I came home from weeks of meditation retreat. Letting go of what others think, not caring how I look while moving my body will all take time. Now, I can always hear her gentle, unwavering voice when I need to, no matter the roaring inside me, and I can always find the light she helped me kindle, no matter what storms are blowing, inside or out. Youve given me hope back, thank you!, I came into yoga thinking it was just another task give that needed to be completed. The retreat continues with an online course that you can access as you return home. Then I look forward to the next session!, This incredibly kind service has been life changing for me. I needed to make some changes in my life to become more happy and since the retreat I've started making some big ones already. Based on the pillars of trauma-informed care, Resilient Retreat provides free and confidential programs for survivors of abuse, first responders, and helping professionals to heal the impacts of trauma on the mind, body, and spirit. Thank you both for sharing your love, energy and wisdom. Without it, mental health complications can arise, leading to a wide range of . You will be guided along paths of self-discovery, growth and healing at our womens retreats regardless of your faith or religious background. Food, flowers, and ocean all support the intention of gathering in community to share stories, develop new friendships, and harness the power of the common ties that connects us together as humans. Whether it's depression, anxiety, trauma recovery, couples and marriage concerns, OCD, among other issues we face in life, therapy can help. It was such a pleasure and honor to meet 2 amazing people! They are a safe haven for someone with CPTSD. I loved how kindly she brings. This retreat was life-changing and way more than I imagined and expected. virtually all aspects of an individuals life. She regularly utilizes Internal Family Systems (IFS) during sessions to facilitate emotional processing. All the workshops were wonderful and gave me so much to practice. I learned to experience my spirituality with more vigor, which then positively impacts all aspects of my life. These treatments are hosted online or on our 84 acres of conservation land, providing a safe place to empower our participants towards a life of resiliency and hope. Making the decision to enter a trauma treatment center demonstrates both courage and hope. I really enjoyed the hike/climb up Bell Rock that pushed me to do what I thought I couldnt. Our step-by-step therapeutic process offers lasting relief from the effects of physical, emotional and sexual abuse, PTSD, anxiety, depression, chronic stress and low self-esteem. If you are interested in attending, we encourage you to complete the application below promptly to help assure your space. Specialty treatment tracks: Women and girls who receive trauma treatment. Our Healing Circle is women-centered and trauma informed. Nature's Academy / Unbounded Horizons Founder and trauma survivor, Dana Lawson. Marian is so intuitive and taught what I needed to hear. I Agree, Why a Retreat? Our staff adhere to high standards of confidentiality and are trained to comply with HIPAA. You will interact with six different teams who are eager to help. The content, quality, and empathy survivors experienced at the Haven Retreat are continued (and are nearly identical to) the Saprea Retreat. Written By Whitney Childers 4 minute read While the lure of Salt Lake City's shopping and dining experience attracts tourists to downtown, less than 10 blocks away is the trendy and unique 9th and 9th and Maven District neighborhoods. The magic, awe, and wonder of Hollyhock offers a balance of community and solitude. You both have a beautiful spirit. About. You will also have personal time to relax, reflect, and rejuvenate. I was experiencing a reactivation of my PTSD from the sudden death of my father when I was a kid, that got reactivated from my mothers recent death. At the retreat center, we deal with survivors of attacks, rape and extremely hurtful and damaging emotional relationships. Go into this with an open mind soul and spirit. Known for her wisdom into the patterns and experiences holding people back in life, Ratha incorporates healing practices in breathwork, yoga, mindfulness, expressive arts, somatic and body-oriented processes to enhance the bodys own capacity to heal from emotional wounds. We all long to be loved, seen, heard, and understood,. I was free of my intrusive memories from childhood and those gleaned from the dubious adventures that those awful childhood experiences caused me to seek as an adult. Treatment methods include evidence-based and customized modalities to address clients needs, which also include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Biofeedback, Neuro-feedback, Individualized Therapy, Tapping, Soul Link TM, Psych-K, Heart Beat Trauma Release Therapy and Coaching Techniques to help one move forward in life. Western Spirit Enrichment Center Consider us your spiritual companion and spiritual director. I am truly grateful for all you do. She is a very gifted Psychologist with a big heart. The counselors are caring, insightful, professional, and well-informed in the science of mental health AND in the benefits of other important pathways to wellness, such as yoga/ meditation. A women's spiritual retreat (also known as a "self-care" holistic retreat) is a term for a peaceful "me-time" taken in a place of privacy and safety. I could not recommend this retreat more highly. Reconnect with yourself through meditative walks, hikes, breathing, and tension reduction exercises. She really helped improve my depression and anxiety in a short amount of time. There is HOPE. I felt led to this retreat at Western Spirit. I felt deeply understood by Bambi and was touched by her nurturing, wise reflections. Making the decision to enter a trauma treatment center demonstrates both courage and hope. Words are not enough to express my gratitude. Guests enjoy hearty delicious meals, prepared at the historic Rosemary Inn, surrounded by commanding views of Lake Crescent and Pyramid Peak. If a person is currently in a very fragile mental state or compromised by drugs or alcohol, deep trauma processing can be counterproductive and potentially dangerous. GOOD! Spend 2 nights and 3 days learning ways to tame your stress response and do yoga in a beautiful setting. That was a very nice thought but I had no idea that it would completely change my life. Free Consultation About 6 out of every 10 people experience at least one trauma in their lives. Our Sedona women's retreats are all-inclusive of your lodging, all the empowering workshops, exciting outdoor activities, a visit to the Grand Canyon, a spa massage, meditations, and a session with a Native American healer. Please note that these limitations are not permanent, and when the situation calms enough that they become more stable, a trauma therapy based retreat is the best way to address the root cause of these emotional and behavioral problems. Flowers adorn the dining hall, the rooms, the gathering spaces, and the edible flowers that adorn the salads and foods. Thats what trauma really is: memories that wont leave you in peace. Women's retreats are wholesome group experiences that bring together a collection of like-minded women who are on a journey to get to know themselves better in order to live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives. Bambi is a highly skilled psychologist who very obviously loves her work and cares about her clients. ), my children forgave me for being so checked out for so many years, and I finally got to be a full participant in my life. This retreat turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. But Bambi Rattner is the first to help me recognize, name, and face my deepest wounds, and to compassionately embrace the parts into which I broke myself to survive. It seems impossible to describe the extent of the positive impact that Bambis intensive therapy brought to me. It was such an enlightening experience! We have worked with people facing all sorts of problems and found that all can be substantially healed, no matter how drastic, provided they are willing and motivated to do the work. Food, from garden to plate nourishes the soul. Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse: Physical abuse is an intense violation of our safety and autonomy. The retreat week was such an incredible experience, one that will be with me for the rest of my life. All Rights Reserved. Below are some problems that can be addressed during our top mental health retreats using a combination of EMDR and Internal Family Systems Therapy much more quickly and effectively than in weekly trauma therapy or mental health counseling services: Depression: One of the most common symptoms of past trauma, depression can manifest as a general lack of motivation or interest in things that were once considered enjoyable or in severe cases as suicidal tendencies.