"I'm not a comedian.". It's not gonna to change.". That was acceptable. I cant tell you how many promises to our kids Disneyworld, a camping trip out West, boat trips, and future father-daughter dances to name a few now all hang somewhere in a sad cloud of uncertainty. We certainly dont laugh anymore. Do people ever confuse you for Lisa Marie Presley, and if so, do you have any jokes about that? After a week in hospital in isolation with a C difficile infection he was very weak. I don't need his money to be happy, I need him ALIVE. While my husband David did not die from his cancer, his diagnosis did introduce the stark reality of what could happen. One Funny Mommy, One Strong with Mother Lisa Marie Riley. He has just finished round 3 of chemotherapy and she shares that the videos give her an outlet . It's a good one. My lovely partner died last September from terminal lung cancer. They had not completed the whipples procedure but had only done a biliary bypass. more than 2 years ago. To see if I would leave. There, I said it. Up until a few months ago , he was a strapping 6ft2" active husband and father and now I feel I am looking at the shell of what he used to be. Cancer is also a disease of the sufferers partner,in as much as they stand in the way of a barrage of mindless raging against the situation the patient hurls out.Its not necessarily directed, its just you are the one standing by their side 24/7,the one with whom they let slip their guard and reserve,comfortable in your presence, the only one who they can show the true manifestation of all their fears too. It is not the critic who counts. Managing the news of a cancer diagnosis can be made easier with the help of a strong support network, therapy . We WILL get through this !!! Like you I am very scared at how quickly he is deteriorating. I was born and raised in Brooklyn. Completely withdrawn. Anyone who has received a cancer diagnosis holds an indelible memory of the moment the words "You have cancer" were uttered. What is your husbands name, and how is he doing in his battle against cancer? Why would I when I loved him so much. No sanitizer, no Lysol, going back and forth to hospitals taking a chance. I have a lot of people I used to consider as friends (old work colleagues, hobby friends etc. It was never a great marriage, and yes, he was always a difficult person, but I never thought it would end this way. I would also love to have my own talk show one day and podcast. I was told I had throat cancer in 2004. I want to shout out, I am not the only one! This is despite a cancer diagnosis for husband, David, which unexpectedly launched a comedy career as an offshoot to a following on social media, posts to which served as a mental health outlet. But I feel my heart is breaking, and in so much emotional pain and physical pain, I struggle to cope at times. Depression, fatigue, nausea, erectile dysfunction, vaginal dryness, and other physical or emotional challenges may lower sex drive or make intercourse difficult or painful. Dawn xx. David died this past weekend, a spokesperson for the family said on social media. Letting them know they hurt you and I used to tell him when he was out of line, that or just get up and leave the room. Have you got some support? But what transpired in our marriage relationship during those months still amazes me. He is skin and bones and won't eat anything. Very soon it seemed he became controlling and jealous and I could not do anything right. Ive told him how Im really looking forward to having him grimace at me putting a bikini on 70-year-old saggy boobs. I'm a kind and compassionate person and try and give any help to anyone but being hated and critisized and spoken down to day in day out is very challenging, actually I just want to cry but I'm too busy. Riley took leave from her job as a court stenographer to look after their kids, twin 17-year-old girls and a 3-year-old boy. He was 40 years old. She is followed by over 500k fans and her tiktok videos have amassed over 2.7 million views! But I feel for all of you going through the same. Cancer took my mother in 2010 and my eight-year-old grandson in 2013. So sorry your husband has changed so much. I'm no Saint, nor am I a martyr but just wanting to give whatever support I could. fuzhou international mail processing center to uk green lady lounge dress code. Take care Paddock. But I can already see he is losing weight. How did you find hilarious mommy on Facebook. Sitting there waiting for crab rangoon that Id later eat alone, it hit me that were not those people anymore, and we never will be again. Cancer, you took every last tear I had. Hey Cancer, I know you know you suck, but Im going to tell you again. Christine Terry The cancer had already metastised to his liver. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. I'm sorry to hear what your going through. Staten Island-based, Brooklyn-bred Lisa Marie is one funny wife and mom. 2. My husband is also 53 and we've been married 33 years. Good can come from something inherently bad. I suffer from Panic Disorder, I am being treated and would be considered 'stable' now. My throat almost closed up & left me with an airway passage of 5-10%. Her followers have connected not just with her, but with each other as well, she said. My husband has been on chemo tablets which haven't worked , and he was due to start a last week but he is in hospital as he has been really ill and therefore they are unable to start the new meds. How and why did your husbands cancer diagnosis lead to your comedy career, and what has been his response to that? Sorry you are here but welcome none the less. Hi Paddock. Everyday I dread getting up and having to facea new day dealing with cancer, I am so very frightened and scared. Do you think at some point youll do a podcast or even a television special or show? Ive never seen the Carteret Performing Arts & Center, but I am looking forward to performing there and meeting so many wonderful people. The doctors have told us we probably wont have that. Michael Causey I appreciated the article because it placed communication as "Number One" on the important list. I can more than relate, Beth. Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. cancer is not only a disease of the body,its very much one of the mind as well,you only have to read some of the posts on this site to make you realise how much fear and desperation it can inflict upon sufferers.They can no longer be the person they would choose,but become driven by invading demons in a frenzy of absolute hopeless helplessness. "I'm flattered that people find it funny, that it has become what it is," she said. Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much I dont mean to trivialize either cancer or the caregiving experience. He is still in severe pain. My husband of 30 years my best friend for 35 years was just diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. 2023 Cable News Network. For more about Lisa Marie, visit her on Instagram. Im keeping all those. We trying our best to be positive but it so consuming. I can remember only two instances in the ensuing five years that we even exchanged strong words, and then we immediately apologized. Thank goodness for my lovely little dog. I chatted with Lisa Marie to preview her April 2 hop across the Arthur Kill to perform at the URSB Carteret Performing Arts & Events Center. I saw two old people walking together the other day, and I got so mad. Its not hard to see we are people who dont talk very much to each other, or we do so with tears in our eyes. I immersed myself in mothering babies and toddlers and, as the parents of eight children, we were often struggling financially. That sobering statistic put everyday annoyances in perspective. Psychologically we both feel better, and all of a sudden all the support network has kicked in aswell. She always had a smile, and rarely, if ever, mentioned her own sadness. Statistically speaking, my 55-year-old husband had a 50-50 chance of dying from his Stage IV oral cancer. How long have you lived in Staten Island, and how does being from there influenced your humor? Although he is eating really well, and we seem to have the pain management under control, he isgetting weaker. But the fact remains that it was the shared experience of my husbands illness that my marriage relationship was revitalized. All we can do is take things day by day and hope for the best. When her husband was diagnosed with cancer, her sister thought starting an Instagram account might give Riley an outlet. My husband is in shock that me just posting these videos got me to where I am. There is no affection, physical or otherwise. Sometimes I think he was testing me. As the year went on I became a verbal punchbag it seemed as he would just flare up for no apparent reason, numerous times say it was over etc. - what was he like before you got married ? Next came an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. (Mom, look away.) The year before 2017, We had purchased a home in another state( before his diagnosis) so we could down size.After the cancer diagnosis things got really unstable, so I left my husband and went there and moved in. The 77-year-old actor's management shared an update incorrectly stating that he passed away on Tuesday, July 26, 2022. He desparately wants to be at home all the time and I want him here. Dawn xx, Hi Dawn how is your week going? SHOW LINKS:10,000 NOs: THE BOOKSUBSCRIBE TO OUR (WEEKLY) NEWSLETTERFOLLOW MATT ON SOCIALFIND OUT HOW YOU CAN BE A 10,000 NOs INSIDER, In this excerpt from one of our weekly Live Zoom calls with the 10,000 NOs Insiders Community, our monthly VIP, Xavier Dean, shares some very specific branding and marketing knowledge that he used to go from homeless to owning a 7-figure real estate company, a branding company, and boasting an Instagram platform with 1.3M followers. I hope you don't mind me joining this conversation - I have been reading your stories and I hope you are both coping ok. And then there was someone who laughed so hard she peed her pants but still didnt want to leave. If he's mobile and can care for himself could you move in with your mother to give him time to think about what he's doing if he doesn't change well you'll have to think about yourself more.. But underneath all of the mechanics is a simple philosophy he believes, exemplified through this quote, "Well, before we just help you create a brand, you need to tell us, how does the world perceive you? If I say I'm in need of a walk with the dog on my own I'm neglecting him. My husband and I met friends out for dinner, but one thing led to another and we ended up dancing well past the bedtime assumed for parents of four kids. He never did. Would you rather do a cooking show, a comedy show or both? When her husband was diagnosed with. My spouses diagnosis made me realize just how much I loved him. He has also had radiotherapy on his back as he has a tumour and that hasn't worked and gives him immense pain. He tells me that I am not nice enough or good enough to look after him and that our relationship has to go 'on hold' until he decides otherwise. as well as other partner offers and accept our. originally published: 02/25/2022. What are your thoughts on this? For now, however, being known as One Funny Lisa Marie is enough fun. We have a good marriage but my husband has withdrawn, though his cancer diagnosis is positive he is currently going thru chemo and for a few weeks has a catheter he hates. If you want to give back, share this with someone who could use it and leave a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen, so more people find this show and benefit from these conversations.If you dig the show, CLICK HERE to learn how you can make this experience 3D by joining our 10,000 NOs Insiders Community: access to a members-only Facebook group, intimate, weekly Live video calls with Matt, including monthly drop-ins with some of his badass past-guests & VIP friends and more. He appears to be shrinking and ageing. You have crippled that beautiful, blonde boy I used to know who could slalom ski like an X Games athlete and still tackle a diamond level course in the mountains of Breckenridge. I haven't had any counselling but it's something I think Ineed to look into. "These people have helped me more than I've helped them," Riley said. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Thank you for your kind reply, keep in touch Paddock, Hi Paddock, I'm so glad to hear from you and that your okay. I'm off work at the moment as I needed to spend so much time at the hospital, but I'm fortunate that I live on site of my job. He soon learnt. His old voice never returned, and neither did our dysfunctional communication skills. In any event you'll find lots of people on here in very similar situations who will be more than ready to offer advice,support or just sympathise when you're having a bad day. He is tense, doesn't talk much though says I am the bright spot in his day he is very distant, seems to want to be alone and is annoyed when I ask how he feels. Please let me know how you got on today. Published In later months my wife's blood figures weren't high enough for her treatment to go ahead and that was always so frustrating. Did you encounter any technical issues? Full of expletives (ear muffs for kids please), hysterical rants and a moving revelation about her three year old son's morning ritual that forces her daily to rise to the occasion, this off-the-cuff conversation jettisoned past a long line of previously recorded episodes to be the first episode of our 2021 slate. I'm really sorry to hear the chemo has gone so badly for him and it sounds as if you're coming into a tough time especially with limited familly support. Everyday I am doing more and more for him (not that I mind ) and I know he is struggling with this aswell. He had a pump fitted yesterday to give him pain and anti sickness relief and that is certainly helping. I'm saying it.". Yes sometimes husbands and wives do change afraid no idea why. This is my suggestion hopefully others will have ideas as well, hope you get sorted soon and have a good future. Are you receiving any counselling ? Im always grateful for every opportunity that comes my way. He's a very small man physically. SHOW LINKS:10,000 NOs: THE BOOKSUBSCRIBE TO OUR (WEEKLY) NEWSLETTERFOLLOW MATT ON SOCIALFIND OUT HOW YOU CAN BE A 10,000 NOs INSIDER. Her Instagram has nearly 200,000 followers. Oh, do I hate you for taking that one. The only thing left I can give you is probably just my middle finger. Infidelity is the elephant in the room of cancer treatment. Maybe assomeone else mentioned on here could you stay at a friends for a few days to give yourself a break,write him a letter with some happy memories and also how your feeling now which he could read and reflect on. That aspiration has come and gone, but if someone offered her a talk-show host position today she'd be sprinting out the door of her family home, she said. It influences my humor in a way where I can joke about growing up Italian and having people relate and laugh together. While Im at it, lets not forget to mention our intimacy. So, naturally, this affects how a Cancer man treats his wife. When Lisa Marie Riley found out her husband had an aggressive 8lb tumor in his stomach after complaining of a stomach ache, her sister and friends set up an Instagram account for her and told her that, instead of texting them on their group chat (which she hated), she could just post videos to Instagram for them to see. For men it can be about the loss of strength,unable to be the provider,subconciously driving the partner away from what they perceive to be a dying cause, and unable to stand the pain accummalating day by day, but equally unable to say that to the person as they do not want to lose the one they love, torn emotionally and no idea how to cope. He has to go back Monday & Tuesday. Once, Riley dreamed of being a weather girl. Her name is Lisa Marie Riley, better known as One Funny Lisa Marie, and celebrities like Hugh Jackman and Meghan Trainor are among her fans. He used to have a sense of humor a sarcastic, dry one but funny as hell. I am tired of telling them night after night that Daddy doesnt want to be sick, or Daddy wishes he could play with you. With terrible heartbreak, I listened to one of our twins tell the other she wishes she had her old daddy back. We were normal. We had the prognosis of one year end Feb 2019. Youll never take my recollection of the night he first kissed me. I miss him. I really don't want to hijack Paddock's thread too much so please do start one yourself to talk about this because I do know something about the stresses of genetic cancer - My wife recently died of a form of ovarian cancer as didher mother and several others in her familly - they were all positive for a gene called BRCA 1 - My daughter has hust had the test and has been found negative!! But through it all and in the midst of a pandemic Riley has kept her sense of humor, and helped other people laugh too. We are heartbroken., A post shared by Lisa Marie Riley (@onefunnylisamarie). And even though you have taken so much from us, Im letting you know, Cancer, that you cant have these memories that are left. They're irritated, so they expect you to make them happy. Rarely affectionate. As for my husband, post-cancer he cherished each and every moment of life as the gift that it is. I laugh, Ill probably be late to my own funeral., He reassured me, Dont worry, Ill get you there on time.. You cant take away the picture of him wrestling with our kids on the living floor or teaching them to swim. He is the champion who held my hand through 12 hours of natural labor, encouraging me without fail until I gave birth to his firstborn son. Im livid that you are crushing the spirit of a guy who could drive a tractor and bale hay like a farmer but on weekends could maneuver a speedboat practically blindfolded around Lake Cumberland. Although I was still "cancer free" the CT results indicated I had suffered a mild brain stroke while in surgery. We talk about it amidst the backdrop of being a guest star on a TV show, but it applies to any situation in life: figure out the dynamics of the room, work together with others to add value, but don't diminish yourself in the process.Monday Morsels are the short-form companion to our Friday Interviews of 10,000 NOs brief riffs on the show's central topics & themes as food for thought to chew on throughout your week.It is not the critic who counts. "There's a lot of great people and great opportunity.". Both partners may feel anxious about this issue but be reluctant to talk about it. If your husband was a decent man before maybe it's the cancer that has caused him to react in this way. look after him yes, but mutual respect shouldnot leave home when cancer arrives. Stay up to date with what you want to know. I loved performing in my own town and meeting so many of my online friends and familiar faces. I hope that your husband has completed his radiotherapy ok and good luck with your meeting with the consultant tomorrow. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. I've lived in Staten Island for over 10 years. And many times, to our pleasant surprise, that ends up being way more than enough.Monday Morsels are the short-form companion to our Friday Interviews of 10,000 NOs brief riffs on the show's central topics & themes as food for thought to chew on throughout your week.It is not the critic who counts. He buries his head with the cancer in some ways and to the world makes out he's strong where I see his true mix of emotions and his fear at home. 4. He is severely cognitively/physically impaired and I'm told by Drs, that he will continue to deteriorate. My husband has terminal cancer , he is only 52 and this has all started from a dodgy mole discovered in June. He wouldn't have left, and he wouldn't have gotten treatment. I knew he wouldn't leave voluntarily, so I got cold, hard and mean and started seeing an ex and left no doubt that I was doing it. We spent 5 days in the hospital getting used to the new plastic in my throat & learning how to clean a trach. There's help out there for you. It brought it all back. I appreciate it so much. husband's cancer has made him nasty. A Christmas post about her husband's fourth round of chemo drew over 3,000 comments. I remember Saturday nights when we were people who went into a restaurant and ate good food, people who drank beers and Long Island ice teas. How did you find hilarious mommy on Facebook? Think of the alternative. David didnt live to see his 61st birthday. Sorry I'm too upset to continue, take care, Hi Paddock, twice I have tried to reply to your email but got so upset after reading yours that I'm finding it really hard to find the words to reply.