And is there any other rides I should avoid in MK or the other parks? I assume the boat ride will be fat friendly but the Flight of Passage looks problematic. I worry about the RnR coaster (though not a hanging coaster) for the same reason: the shoulder harness due to the inversions. They kept asking if I could move my feet up anymore, but my toes were already as far forward as i could get them. I dont think youll see any real problems with any of the restraints. You will have an amazing time! Hey, Im not ashamed, if my girls want me to do a tea party, sign me up! Nope. Im 64, 325lbs with size 15 shoe. Its one ride my daughter wants to ride with hubby. To my surprise, I slid into the seat just fine! Im going to WDW and planned to just enjoy the atmosphere. Thanks! Generally, sizes in most stores on the Disneyland Resort only go up to XL or possibly XXL or 3XL if you're lucky. Am I going to fit on Disney rides? Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be the most uncomfortable, but youll be able to get on. It is a gondola system that can get you to different Disney theme parks and resorts located in the Walt Disney World area. But from what I hear its not Pooh friendly at all. I am 6 4 and come in around 350lbs. The rental scooters were out and I saw many young people who werent disabled just moderatly overwight in them. You think I will be ok? I noticed they have a handicapped entrance right next to the turnstile. Hope all goes well. Most rides have individual restraints, whether seatbelts (Soarin), lap bars (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) or overhead restraints (Rock n Roller Coaster). It should be OK. Theres nothing that impedes the belly. I was just to big. He is a football player so he is pretty broad across the chest and pretty muscular thighs. That was a godsend! Dinosaur: to my surprise, I had no issues on this ride whatsoever. i am also pooh sized. DH 300 and 61, me 511 and 280. Will I experience difficulties when trying to ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Slash Mountain, other Magic Kingdom rides, etc.? I just got back from Disney with my 6 year old daughter and 6 7 350 lb husband. Roller coasters and other fast rides are where vehicles start getting a little more constrictive. Taking our 4 year old for the first time to Disneyland in 3 Weeks. For the most part the same thing applies. Quit worrying and just have fun planning and doing everything. Once again, my only real problem occurred at the Carousel of Progress. Universal, yes. I dont understand why they have individual lap bars for this ride. Dont wanna miss out on anything for my kids are excited for me to be there and do these things WITH them! If you want to enjoy the nostalgia of the classic carousel but dont feel comfortable on the horse, feel free to take a nanny bench. It depends on how far down the ride sits on the tracks so pay attention to that. With the removal of many turnstiles, Ive found Disney World is being easier for us Poohs! Those sleigh like seats are free for anyone to use! My Disney Experience. Most Disney attractions that use lap-bars can accommodate a variety of body types, particularly the rides that allow for individual use of lap-bars (as in Expedition Everest as opposed to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad). There are plenty of places to look online and check for information from others who may have tried to ride particular rides in the past. There are only a couple of rides that might be a problem. My husband is a pooh sized person. Try the test seat before you get in line! There are special vehicles at the Safari that should accommodate you in your chair. My husband and I are planning to go to Disney World next year. The lap bars on Expedition Everest and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad can adjust to anyone. Here is a list of parks and rides I went on. I love Disney. Loved what I experienced though. A larger person who carries their weight above their waist would have an easier time getting into Expedition Everest than a smaller person who carries their weight in their thighs. If you ask, they will let you. If you are looking for height requirements on Disney rides be sure to check out this article from magicguides.com. Other than that, it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing worth complaining about. Getting in and out can be a little tricky. My small daughters (6 & 8) want to ride big thunder mountain and splash mountain with me. Yes, its a lap bar and it has plenty of room. Will I be able to fit? Flight of Passage was a mistake, I was able to fit but boy did it give me vertigo! As I walked away dowm the stair trying not to cry. Friend is 400 and 53. I just learned that splash mountain logs now have lap bars. My mother is more of your height and weight and she was just fine to ride. Go all the way in to the side by the yellow line. In this post, I'll take a closer look at Disney World weight limits and the types of seats and restraints used on different rides. There arent really any bars that have to be all that snug. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is uncomfortable for most people. My boyfriend and I are going on a vacation to Disney World soon. THEM. A lot of the faster rides either have seat belts, lap bars, or the over the head restraint. Have fun and dont worry so much. Im taking two string bean little boys and Im concerned about the lap bar on Splash Mountain. I speak from experience on this one. Take note that a $100 credit card deposit is required for strollers rented at Disney Springs. Lee, I would be very interested to know if this was an issue for you in the end? I am 510 360 i carry most of my weight in my thighs and butt, not to big in the stomach, with very broad shoulders. The seat belt rides typically have an extension for those too large for the regular belt. (but he has lost a lot of weight, and he is still trying to lose weight before we go. I am heading to Disneyworld for 8 days soon with family and friends and have been worried. Thank you. Anything I need to absolutely avoid?? Planning our first trip w/ our 2, 4 and 6 year old sons Im even more excited to experience this with them and have so much peace knowing that I will be able to actually EXPERIENCE. You should be fine Mike. The only ride you might have problems with it Flight of Passage. Yall just made this Pooh woman feel so much better! The test seats are conveniently located outside of the ride itself. I went on the avatar flight of passage ride and got the the front and was not able to get one. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Hope this helps, and hope you have a great time at Disneyland! Since there are no actual height restrictions we sought out advice from people we consider tall. You should be able to access all the rides as long as mobility is not a problem. I rode everything I wanted to at WDW (Space Mountain, Mission Space, Test Track, Tower of Terror, etc.) You might find Seven Dwarfs Mine Train uncomfortable. I am 58 and 310 lbs and Flight of the Avatar is like sitting on a motorcycle seat. I fit on every ride I tried to get on including Expedition Everest and Mission Space. Ive just avoided the other stuff. I am heading to Disneyland this summer and was curious if there was any information on the roominess of their rides like here? I am 54 and between 290-310lbs. My husband is 6 foot 4 inches and 375 lbs. I fit on soarin in December but want to try Kali and tower of terror in sept. Not planning a trip to Disney world, not sure why I ended up herebut the helpful and fun advice on your page makes me feel much better about the human race and the internet. It wasnt even close. I have not fit on rides in the past in Canadas Wonderland. Im a large man at 61 and 370 with a 50 waist I was very nervous having been to other parks and not being able to ride anything. But I also avoided rides I thought I would have trouble. The Chairlift transports Guests to a prime position for: Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher and Teamboat Springs. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The Chairlift at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park is the only attraction at either of the two water parks with a weight limit. I must say however, I DID NOT fit in on The Forbidden Journey in Harry Potter Universal. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Request a Quote or Information from Magical Travel Today! What rides should I stay away from? If you can fit into a theater-style seat at other Disney attractions (Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, etc. Just like any ride at a Walt Disney World Resort or park, they do what they can to ensure comfort and accessibility for all guests. However, Im quite large. I couldnt ride it. What To Do With A Toddler In Disney World! Its time to play the music. That being said, its obvious that there is not a one-size-fits-all solution for every different ride at the parks. There might be some problems with Flight of Passage depending on how your weight is distributed. He is hefty, 56 and around 375. I think if you are under a 52 waist (men size) it should be pretty comfortable fit. I am going to Disney here in a few weeks with my best friend, and shes never ridden a steel roller coaster. The 10 Best Disney Dining Reservations to Make for Your Trip. I was unable to ride it and weigh 250 and am 5,6. Pear shaped with a 56 waist. I'm a big girl. I just wanted to toss this out there real quick due to all the hype about the mine train not being pooh sized friendly. I am 511 400 lbs couldnt ride the avatar ride after waiting all that time make sure you try the test seat before you wait in that line. I was at Carowinds in the Carolinas and I cant remember name but there was a rollercoaster that lays you down n go head first. My experience has been that I have had no trouble on lap restraint rides, as I'm heaviest in my . May need someone to help you if you are XL. The opening of Tron has everyone celebrating that its finally done, but now after seeing some people struggle to fit in the ride vehicles. Flight of Passage might not work. Im going to Disney World in July Im 511 440. I am a big guy 510 345 pds waist 48in. Just finished my 4th day at Disney and have fit on all rides. Im heading there soon and even though I read comments over and over, Id rather avoid those rides. Thank you all for your comments. There are no weight limits on any of the attractions. I had a knee replacement and I am worried about getting out of space mountain. I didnt have much (or any) room to spare and the lap bar barely closed onto my belly, but I was comfortable the whole time and rode it more times than I could count! I leave for Disney World in two weeks and I have been having so much anxiety about fitting into rides. I think someone a few inches bigger than me could ride it as well. The over the shoulder fit everyone. For Flight of Passage its (typically) all about the calves. Dumbo: No issues. You may have a problem if most of your weight is carried around your lower mid section and if your calves are very, very large. We went to Disney a few weeks ago. While the size of rides are most accommodating, getting on and off can be a challenge.